Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could this be Sharapova's biggest win, or if she loses to Likhovtseva, Asagoe and Kuznetsova is she a ways away from beating the likes of Capriati in 2003?

Could be a big clash of my two faves - but I will have to cheer Jen-Jen on - she needs to kickstart her year and get to an eagerly anticipated quarterfinal with Venus - I'm itching to see them play again!

·
Banned
1,830 Posts
Cappy has a good draw and if she gets to the QF i think she could take Venus out (if she isn't OUT already but given her draw i think she'll get that far)

Sharapova MAY take a set off Jenny but i don't see her winning . I just hope Alex doesn't come out of that section of the draw to face Jenny though

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Who is VIVI? Paola Suarez?

And I would be very happy if Maria made it to round 3.

So Maria would have to beat Suarez and Capriati just to make the fourth round like she did at Wimbledon. Suarez knows how to play against hard hitting players like Maria. Making the fourth round for Maria at this years U.S. Open would be a great accomplishment. :D

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
look at how fast people jump the gun here. didn't people say that Sharapova was gonna win the Rogers AT&T Cup??? and we all know what happened there, she got her ass handed back to her by Elena Likhovsteva.

·
Banned
1,830 Posts
Vivi = Virginia Ruano Pascual

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
Yeah, like I said in another thread, Sharapova had some very impressive results in 25K/50K, BUT, so far she doesn't really have one big win or one big tournement. Beating Dokic is a good win, but in no way a "big" win. Unless Capriati struggles with her injury I see more a 6/3 6/4 wins for Capriati.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
It will be tough for Masha to reach the third round but let's hope so. ;)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
DA BACKHAND said:
Yeah, like I said in another thread, Sharapova had some very impressive results in 25K/50K, BUT, so far she doesn't really have one big win or one big tournement. Beating Dokic is a good win, but in no way a "big" win. Unless Capriati struggles with her injury I see more a 6/3 6/4 wins for Capriati.
I AGREE 100% MARIA HAS A BIG FUTURE AHEAD OF HER, JUST NOT YET....A COUPLE OF MORE YEARS B4 SHE IS A CONTENDER

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
I think Capriati should be afraid, be very afraid of Sharapova depending on which Sharapova shows up. She could definitely knock off JCap. I wouldn't want to see Sharapova face and off her game Venus because Sharapova would have a chance to win. That girl is amazing sometimes. That's why she is my #5 favorite. My #4 fave had to pull out of the tournament :sad: Get better Seles. Come back in shape and ready to go!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I AGREE 100% MARIA HAS A BIG FUTURE AHEAD OF HER, JUST NOT YET
You're hopin' like hell that it's just not yet... say, in the third round of the US Open.

Would she beat JCap? I don't believe so... but she could win a set, convincingly.. maybe see a match point or two even.. but, win? "Not yet".

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Maria can definately win:sad: . Oh god they just HAD to put my two faves in the same R32:fiery: .

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
a tough one for Jen, her scariest leading up to QF but she can do it!!

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
You KNOW ESPN will show that match in primetime in they can. It's Big Stage time for Sharapova if she gets that's far. Her best tennis for two hours would get it done. But when you're 16, two straight hours of your best mentality is a lot to ask.

Jenn in atraight sets, but wait til next year....

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just hope Maria gets that far. Ruano Pascual is no pushover first thing. She played pretty amateur against Likhovsteva for instance recently, but great against Kim. Go Maria, in any case

1 - 20 of 31 Posts