Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

· Chionophile
40,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Lindsay Davenport won the toss and elected to serve.

Davenport serving, 1st set

Williams 1-0
Williams 2-0
Williams 2-1
Williams 3-1
Williams 3-2
Williams 4-2
Williams 4-3
Williams 5-3
Williams 5-4
5-5
Williams 6-5
Williams 7-5

Game, set Williams 7-5

· Chionophile
40,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Notes

:) One thing for such a long match, the coin toss or the everything's the same phenomenon never came into effect. This is good because I feared matches will be decided on this.

:) The majority of the games were decided purely on stroke by stroke basis but a few crucial games also decided on points which were never the same.

:) Both players were aggressive which gave them +14 points in total. I want to know how other traits will play. Any creative, industrious or charismatic players? ;)

· Registered
47,607 Posts
Williams d. Davenport 7-5 4-6 6-2

"I'm quite happy with the way I played.It was all about me either hitting a winner or an unforced error.And since I hit more winners I won the match,so I'm the first one on this tour to win a match.I hope I can keep up the nice play.Good match Lindsay."

· Chionophile
40,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
News

:) Firstly I've decided to name the game "3D WTA Tour". It's like Sanex WTA Tour but not. 3D is meant to be like a fantasy company that now sponsors the tour but also it means the 3 dimensions of this game: traits; points and gameplans that decide the matches.

:) Next is a change I've decided on. At the end of a season players will have the chance to change their points allocation by +3 or -3 at most in every weapon. So if you had:

S: 7
F: 7
B: 7
R: 7

Now it's possible to change to:

S: 10
F: 6
B: 6
R: 6

As long as the change is at most +3 or at least -3.

:) One other change I'm thinking about that I want feedback on is about the allocation of weapons in gameplans. I've been told that players should be forced to use all weapons at least ONCE in a gameplan. I wanted to be flexible with this before but now it might be a good idea. What do you guys think? In real life, it also makes sense because you can't NOT serve, return, forehand or backhand in a set. Technically you can go without hitting a volley or lob but your opponent can force you to do these things. So I think this is more realistic too. You guys let me know.

EDIT: I'm still going to leave this open for discussion but I've decided to change it so that you MUST use every weapon at least once. I think it's realistic and it prevents players from exploiting weapons but just using one or two weapons. This happens in real life but there's a limit that it can happen. I hope everyone's happen with this change.

:) Serena Williams vs. Maria Sharapova coming up.

· Chionophile
40,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Sharapova won the toss and elected to serve.

Sharapova serving, 1st set

Williams 1-0
Williams 2-0
Williams 2-1
2-2
Sharapova 3-2
Sharapova 4-2
Sharapova 5-2
Sharapova 6-2

Game and set Sharapova 1st set 6-2

---

Sharapova serving, 2nd set

Sharapova 1-0
Sharapova 2-0
Sharapova 3-0
Sharapova 3-1
Sharapova 4-1
Sharapova 4-2
Sharapova 4-3
Sharapova 5-3
Sharapova 5-4
5-5
Sharapova 6-5
Sharapova 7-5

Game, set and match Sharapova 6-2 7-5!!!

· Chionophile
40,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Notes

:) Sharapova turned out to be a charismatic player and even though this is not played as a slam so she only had a half-half chance of her charisma working the crowds, she got it on both sets. But besides having the crowd support, she played too well anyway. Again, nothing was decided by the coin toss factor and Sharapova just played a bigger game and played the right shots at the right time.

· Chionophile
40,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Maria Sharapova vs. Lindsay Davenport

Sharapova won the toss and elected to receive.

Davenport serves, 1st set

Sharapova 1-0
Sharapova 2-0
Sharapova 3-0
Sharapova 4-0
Sharapova 5-0
Sharapova 5-1
Sharapova 5-2
Sharapova 5-3
Sharapova 5-4
Sharapova 6-4

Game and 1st set Sharapova 6-4

---

Davenport serves, 2nd set

Davenport 1-0
1-1
Davenport 2-1
2-2
Sharapova 3-2
Sharapova 4-2
Sharapova 5-2
Sharapova 6-2

Game, set and match Sharapova 6-4 6-2!!!

· Chionophile
40,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Notes

:) Finally, we've had our first "coin toss" decider but it was only once in the whole match.

:) Lindsay just matched up so badly against Maria. Against any other player she probably could've done much better. And the scary thing is Maria could've won so much more easily if the outcomes of a game changed.

:) Maria's charisma only worked in the 1st set as the crowd wanted to see a third set but Sharapova closed out thunderously.

· Registered
4,685 Posts
I have a question about this rule in blue,

On-court
Creative (Will win the game if same weapon is selected; only against non-creative players)

Does this mean if in game one, Sharapova and I both use backhand; she has a 5 for hers and I a 6 for mine. Does dhe win it because she is creative?
or do I win it because I have the higher number?

· Chionophile
40,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Ms Tracy Austin said:
I have a question about this rule in blue,

On-court
Creative (Will win the game if same weapon is selected; only against non-creative players)

Does this mean if in game one, Sharapova and I both use backhand; she has a 5 for hers and I a 6 for mine. Does dhe win it because she is creative?
or do I win it because I have the higher number?

She wins it because she's creative. Creative is when "same weapons" clash, you as the creative player will win no matter what the other player has for her points.

BUT if a creative player vs. a creative player then it'll come down to points as usual.

· Chionophile
40,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
This is another exhibition match involving Lindsay Davenport and Maria Sharapova. This time Davenport is a creative player with a new gameplan. Maria's brought her old gameplan.

Davenport won the toss and elected to serve...

1st set, Davenport serving...

Sharapova 1-0
Sharapova 2-0
Sharapova 3-0
Sharapova 4-0
Sharapova 5-0
Sharapova 5-1
Sharapova 6-1

Game and 1st set Sharapova 6-1

---

2nd set, Sharapova serving...

Davenport 1-0
1-1
Davenport 2-1
Davenport 3-1
Davenport 4-1
Davenport 5-1
Davenport 5-2
Davenport 5-3
Davenport 6-3

Game and 2nd set Davenport 6-3

1 set all

---

Final set, Davenport serving...

Sharapova 1-0
Sharapova 2-0
Sharapova 3-0
Sharapova 4-0
Sharapova 5-0
Sharapova 5-1
Sharapova 6-1

Game, set and match Sharapova 6-1 3-6 6-1!!!

21 - 40 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.