Tennis Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,006 Posts
Jelena has made no secret of her desire to return to tennis, but nothing has materialised yet.

I find it interesting that she said "even it was just doubles", is a singles return on the cards?

Would love to see her back, she's my all-time fave!

·
La Divina Assoluta
11,217 Posts
I don't normally go for these comebacks, but she could probably give it a shot. She looks way fitter than at any point in her career (certainly the latter part of it) and the enthusiasm/passion for the game still seems strong.

Dokic had one of the most natural baseline games of the last 20 years, so I don't think her game would seem that dated. It would just depend on how well she can maintain her fitness and not get deterred by the uphill struggle of having to build her ranking up again.

That said, could be nothing more than just a whim at this point, but would be nice to see her finish her career on a happy and healthy note, compared to the miserable experience her career mostly was.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Jelena could certainly consider it. She might be able to supplement any doubles earnings by doing commentary too as some like Rennae Stubbs did in her last years on the circuit

As others have said, Dokic is now quite good behind the microphone.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts