Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asagoe is #39, Obata is #55 and Morigami is #78... and they are still climbing!! nice to see the Japanese girls doing well again..

Asians in the top 100 as in Sep 16:

1. Sugiyama 14
2. Tanasugarn 30
3. Asagoe 39
4. Tulyaganova 50
5. Obata 55
6. Cho 68
7. Widjaja 74
8. Morigami 78

Doubles:

1. Sugiyama 1
2. Widjaja 22
3. Miyagi 36
4. Asagoe 37
5. Prakusya 40
6. Lee 41
7. Fujiwara 57
8. Sun 74
8. Li 74
10. Tulyaganova 82
11. Morigami 96

·
Registered
851 Posts
:) Go Ai! :bounce:

·
Registered
926 Posts
can we just say asian people look asian such like Chinese, Japanese, Thai players, cause isn't Russia technically in Asia, and i don't think any1 calls them Asia

·
Registered
640 Posts
I really enjoyed seeing several different Asian players in the majors this year. Their styles were individually unique as well as being different from anyone else I've seen on tour. I hope they continue to progress so that I get more opportunities to see them. Good luck, ladies!!

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Experimentee said:
No, 'Asian' means representing an Asian country and their federation. Tu would not count as Asian, neither would Chang etc.

Oh they are not Asian? Just because they do not represent an Asian nation, Tu and Chang are still American Citizens of Asian descent. And so are Kimberly Po, Amber Liu and Kevin Kim.

ANd yes people, Iroda is an Asian woman. Sheesh, people it amazes me how people identify people based on just skin tone.

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
Technically, if you look up ethnicity in the encyclopedia, Iroda would not be considered asian. But there are different terms with everyone so whatever. Go Akiko :D

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
LeonHart said:
Technically, if you look up ethnicity in the encyclopedia, Iroda would not be considered asian. But there are different terms with everyone so whatever. Go Akiko :D
The what would she be considered? Her country is an Asian land as is Pakistan and India.

Asia is more than just the Orient folks.

·
Registered
851 Posts
rhz said:
oh here we go again... yes tulyaganova is asian...

asia is such a big continent, there is more to asia than the oriental people!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
LeonHart said:
It has an explanation of Tulyaganova's ethnicity in your encyclopedia? :)

P.S. Americans of Asian descent are still American, and can be called whatever they want to be. Very few Americans have long ancestry that streches back generations, whatever their apparent ethnicity.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.