Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kim, Justine, Anastasia, Elena, Serena, Maria.

6 different finalists in the first 3 GrandSlams of the year.

I really wonder when that happened the last time?

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Jen - Lindsay

US Open final 2004 :hearts:

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
cool!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Great for women's tennis. Variety is the spice of life

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
There have also been 12 different semifinalists this year: Justine, Kim, Fabiola, Patty, Anastasia, Elena, Jennifer, Paulo, Serena, Maria, Amelie and Lindsay There were 7 different semifinalists in both 2001 and 2003.

·
Registered
768 Posts
My prediction for US Open 2004: finalists, Elke Clijsters/Martina Navratilova

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
How about one of these finals matchups:

Jen vs Venus (when pigs fly)
Petrova vs Mauresmo
Alexandra Stevenson vs Ashley Harkleroad
Anna K. vs Martina Hingis
Lisa Raymond vs Amy Frazier
Daniela Hantuchova vs Jelena Dokic

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JennyS said:
How about one of these finals matchups:

Alexandra Stevenson vs Ashley Harkleroad
c
Yes, that's going to happen :lol:

·
Registered
19,297 Posts
The year I won my Oscar, it was the opposite. Everyone had been nominated at least once before except one, the then new-comer, Shirley MacLaine. This is before she got into past lives/new age crap and was a credible actress.

Why does every famous woman claim she was Cleopatra in a past life? Honestly! I went to a past-lives psychic and she told me I was some widowed Java woman and had four kids and lived in a cave. Neely told me once she was Catherine the Great in a past life. I asked her if Catherine had a gay husband, too!

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Its great for womens tennis altho the FO final failed to deliver, but it was historic.

I hope this keeps up and that all the ladies come back stronger and better to provide us with thrilling tennis.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I hope that Monica get into the mix too. It would be thrilling to see some good match ups in the third round and beyond and no blowouts like the past tourneys. My dream finals would be Amelie vs. Serena and Amelie winning and the new year starting with four 2004 winners and several brides maids. It would be fun to have some good tennis with no certainity on the winner. I think that with Serena and Venus back and not yet dominating has add depth to tennis and maybe Amelie would win one of those damn titles already. Personally, I think that when she starts to play doubles then she would be able to win.

Don't you see that with the exception of Justine, all the other grandslam winners, have started playing doubles. It seemed to have helped their games. I think that Amelie should play with Loitt or Pierce or the other french girl, maybe Galovin.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
1977 -

Australian Open: (January) Reid def. Balestrat and (December) Goolagong def. Gourlay
Roland Garros: Jauvosec def. Mihai
Wimbledon: Wade def. Stove
US Open: Evert def. Turnbull

That was the last year (I think) that there were 8 different finalists (and 10 if you count both Australian Opens). Maybe it will happen again, who knows?

1998 came close, but stupid Hingis had to go and get into the US Open final later in the year, so only 7 different ones :p

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
Hope for Monica Lindsay final.

Farewell for champion :)

Or Monica Jennifer final (shame that there is never this final in a grand slam)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts