Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Provided Dokic beats Conchita, and Janko beats Emmanuelle we will have this very interesting match-up in round2!

Jankovic won 3 qually matches beating good clay courters like Granados and Vakulenko so she should have some momentum. Dokic will win if shes in form but if shes not 100% it could be a tough match.

Go Jelena! Would love to see both win through to rd2! :bounce:

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i'm still angry that vakulenko lost in qualies.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
We're jumping the gun a bit here!!!

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not really. dokic is the heavy favorite, and jankovic is playing well wnough to beat Emmanuelle.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
We're jumping the gun a bit here!!!
In fact, we have totally jumped it -- I don't see, given Conchi's record here And Jelena's recent performances, how anyone would have seen Dokic as the "heavy favorite" -- pfffft!

Vamos, Conchita!!

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cos jelena won their last 5 meetings and is the better player. duh ;)...conchita's game is outdated

i love conchi's game but i just dont see her getting much further as her win came under circumstances where jelena simply couldnt compete at her best.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Dokic lost... Jankovic lost....

Whatta match!!! lol!!!

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
SM said:
cos jelena won their last 5 meetings and is the better player. duh ;)...conchita's game is outdated

i love conchi's game but i just dont see her getting much further as her win came under circumstances where jelena simply couldnt compete at her best.
What circumstances were those, exactly?

·
Team WTAworld, Mr. Try Too Hard
52,159 Posts
SM said:
Provided Dokic beats Conchita, and Janko beats Emmanuelle we will have this very interesting match-up in round2!

Jankovic won 3 qually matches beating good clay courters like Granados and Vakulenko so she should have some momentum. Dokic will win if shes in form but if shes not 100% it could be a tough match.

Go Jelena! Would love to see both win through to rd2! :bounce:
Jelena Jankovic won 2 qualifying matches only. ;)

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Yeah, you earned this Steve. :p

I wouldn't have picked either to win. It's easy to say that the day after...but this thread is begging to be picked on, and was a jinx to boot. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts