Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry Jennifer fans, but this tournament is Justine's to lose and she now does everything on the hardcourts better than Capriati now and she is in much better shape. Justine in two sets, three if she serves the way she did tonight.

·
In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
I dont know, Justine hasnt been tested and Jenny has been playing very well..... thats a bold prediction Liz.... The winner will win in three sets, Jennys at home and Justine has just been playing well.... This one could go either way, but Im going Jenny.

Go Capster, keep the trophy in the States!!

·
Banned
177 Posts
Jen all the way. GO JEN, JEN, GO JEN, JEN. I see Jen winning this. She is determine since the sisters are not there she is taking this title. Serena and Venus are my favorites but after them comes Jen, and Davenport. I am routing for the Americans all the way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
"Jennifer fans? i thought such things dont exist
GO JUSTINmaybe you'll get booed,
but that's okay, i love seeing you beat Americans"

Or maybe Justine will cheat, or pull the injury stunt, or put her hand up to stop the point from being played then deny it on national television when people see it on tape. :lol: Give me a break.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
This is Capriati's court and surface preference to beat Justine. Justine has'nt faced a tough hardcourt player yet.

This will be Jennifer for the taking in 3 sets. one tough set.

GO Jennifer!!!!
I want an all american final!!!!!!!

·
Banned
366 Posts
Justine has always given Jenn trouble. That is a fact. Jenn Has also not gotten any great wins over top players (I would not cout ret.) So she is not in the right 'mental state' to win a big match like this. IF Davenport plays before her and wins/loses (it may put more pressure on her/less pressure on her) so that is a major factor also.

Jenn Had all sorts of problems with Loit...Justine is LOIT X 10 when she wants to be.

I say Jenn will pull the upset b/c justine has been going down since Toronto

·
Premium Member
20,087 Posts
I really don't think this will be a great match at all. I am going for Jennifer in this match, because I'm allergic to tiny belgians. However, the tiny belgian who takes the court for this semis against Jen will win in 2. Maybe Jen will suprise me and take it too 3, but you know what happens with Jen and three sets.

Anyways, I say the American commentators, tennis community will finally have what they want a NON WILLIAMS, ALL BELGIAN FINAL. If this does happen, then I will only watch it at a later date only if Kim wins though. ;)

·
Banned
596 Posts
harloo said:
I really don't think this will be a great match at all. I am going for Jennifer in this match, because I'm allergic to tiny belgians. However, the tiny belgian who takes the court for this semis against Jen will win in 2. Maybe Jen will suprise me and take it too 3, but you know what happens with Jen and three sets.

Anyways, I say the American commentators, tennis community will finally have what they want a NON WILLIAMS, ALL BELGIAN FINAL. If this does happen, then I will only watch it at a later date only if Kim wins though. ;)
that's happened before, but that's not the catch,
the thing is, it's IN AMERICA :D ......
guess you know now who the joke's on:)

·
Premium Member
20,087 Posts
Monsters said:
that's happened before, but that's not the catch,
the thing is, it's IN AMERICA :D ......
guess you know now who the joke's on:)
Ooppssss...I forgot to add at the USO. The French final was so bad I won't even call that a final.

·
Banned
1,632 Posts
lizchris said:
Sorry Jennifer fans, but this tournament is Justine's to lose and she now does everything on the hardcourts better than Capriati now and she is in much better shape. Justine in two sets, three if she serves the way she did tonight.
I cosign! Miss Jennifer gonna keep it close for awhile but in the end she will not have the answer to put away Miss Justine.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
This will be the match of the slam so far on the ladies' side. Justine has to be the fav however Jen is extremely dangerous. She is serving better than I can ever remember. In addition she is coming to net more often. What the hell Jen in three sets. :eek: :p

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
This will be a good match. Jenn will have the crowd and if she hold her serve she'll have a shot. Justine looks spectacular out there against Mysinka. I hope Jenn pull this one out. But we will see.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Jennifer Capriati (6) vs Justine Henin-Hardenne (2)
Justine is one tough character and a stick of dynamite. Jennifer is comfortable in the New York atmosphere that supports her 100%.
Nick's Pick: This match depends on Jennifer's 2nd serve. She must be aggressive and control the court, plus be able to adjust to the change of pace Henin-Hardenne will bring at her. Capriati in 3 sets.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.