Tennis Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
41,227 Posts
great smash said:
:confused: Her serve is not a very hard one, I'd agree, but I think it's definitly underestimated. Even though agains weaker player, I think the no. do indicate that it's not bad at all.

Hitting a first serve around 70 % with about the same succes rate!
but her serve gets punished against the topplayers, just look at all those heavy returns versus Justine. Meghann tried to do the same, but she often missed.

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
That's the match of the tourney I was waiting for!!!!!!Now I hope Amèlie can win this and finally show she can win a GS :rolleyes:

·
Registered
542 Posts
I think its a tough call..... Momo is actually quietly advancing to the QF here... No one is actually talking about her.... She should come out to play without any pressure...

Meanwhile, many people are focusing on Kim.... expecting her to win here as she is the world no.1 right now!!!! I am sure Kim will feel the pressure and thinks she can't lose here!!!!

Its gonna be a 3 setter!!! But its a tough call to say who is the winner!!!??

I would like to see Amelie advance though...... ;)

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
I think Kim's gonna win coz she's playing quite well at the moment.
Come on Kimmie!!!!

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
I personally don't see how Kim will lose. Mauresmo will probably choke, and even if she doesn't Kim should win in three sets.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Kim deliberatly chose to serve with more variety but less hard yesterday,because meghann likes to return hard serves,you can read that in her intervieuw.it worked,if you ask me;) she didn't play her best,but she did what she had to do,beat meghann in two sets.hopefully ,against amélie,she'll bring out her a-game:)

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I guess no one but Kim fans read Kim's post-match interview last night. Kim said she went for slower serves on purpose because Meghann likes pace.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Kim will win in 2.

I was sitting in the first row for Amelie/Tammy and Amelie was unimpressive. She did not use her power shots (Tammy was more powerful :eek: ) Amelie did well at the net but did not approach much. The scoreline was misleading.

Oh, and Tammy made me a fan. She's cute.

·
Banned
928 Posts
I do think that whoever wins this has to be the favourite for the title. ;)

Question of the Week

Who will win US Open Women's Singles?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kim Clijsters 379
(31%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justine Henin-Hardenne 273
(22%)

Lindsay Davenport 83
(7%)

Amelie Mauresmo 283
(23%)

Jennifer Capriati 126
(10%)

Other 77
(6%)

Total # Votes: 1221

http://www.tenniscorner.net/

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
I'm really tired of all the hype around these women's matches. This will be another blowout by Kim. I would be very surprised if it goes to 3 sets. Amelie will undoubtedly have another bout of food poisoning and not play up to her capabilities :rolleyes: Go Younes Go :p

Kim all the way to the finals...i've been saying since the year started that she will win a slam this year- well, i still believe that :)

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Kim might choke under the pressure - which she does so often. If Kim's mind isn't there, Mauresmo will win. If Kim shows up mentally and physically, bye-bye Amelie.

·
Registered
19,358 Posts
Kim in 2 sets

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
bajangurl - Yep, yet another women's match disappoints. We constantly have "battle of the seeds" turn into straight set matches (think of Mauresmo/Williams at the French, Henin/Clijsters at the French, Williams/Mauresmo at Wimbledon, Jennifer/Venus at the 2001 Open, Clijsters/Mauresmo at this Open, etc.).

Again, men's tennis proves to be of higher quality matches.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
whoever sais mauresmo had a chance? Kim 6-1, 6-4

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh...

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

41 - 59 of 59 Posts