Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's going to win?

It's going to be tough for Kim because Amelie has been playing as good as her and unlike Kim, has been past the quarterfinals As someonee said in another thread, Kim is playing better than last year, which she is, but Amelie hasn't dropped off like I though she would.

Amelie will win in three sets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
527 Posts
Kim in three; Amelie will cite a headcold as the reason for her loss.

:bolt:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,863 Posts
Well, Amelie had more errors than winners against Tamarine, who isn't nearly as scrappy or consistent as Kim. Amelie will need to lift her game for sure.

This has the makings of a great match. Because of her injury, though, Amelie hasn't faced someone of Kim's caliber in months, and she also hasn't been in pressure matches/situations. It will be interesting to see how she responds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
I'm still thinking about that Rome QF. I mean, Amelie was so bloody close :eek:

Anyway, GO KIM!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,863 Posts
disposable - I am not worried about the SF for Kim. She has dominated Lindsay this year (and Lindsay may be injured), and Suarez isn't a threat unless Kim chokes. It's Amelie and then the final that worry me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,534 Posts
This could be a classic....now we will see how much Kim has improved and if Amelie is ready to take advantage! This match has three-sets written all over it!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,432 Posts
I think it will be a tough match. I think Kim will win for a number of reasons, most of which have already been said, but I wouldn't be shocked if Amelie won. I do think that whoever wins this has to be the favourite for the title.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
Amelie had a great claycourt season and went up well at RG...and look what happened against Serena! I just hope *crosses fingers* that Amelie can give Kim a good challenge :) It's a big shame to see a talented player not fulfil her true potential.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,534 Posts
kku said:
Amelie had a great claycourt season and went up well at RG...and look what happened against Serena! I just hope *crosses fingers* that Amelie can give Kim a good challenge :) It's a big shame to see a talented player not fulfil her true potential.
But Kim ain´t no Serena!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
bandabou said:
But Kim ain´t no Serena!
True, true. Serena's already taken out Kim twice this year and both in straight sets (7-5, 6-3 in Perth and 6-4, 6-2 in Miami).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,534 Posts
kku said:
True, true. Serena's already taken out Kim twice this year and both in straight sets (7-5, 6-3 in Perth and 6-4, 6-2 in Miami).
Don´t you forget that!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
bandabou said:
Don´t you forget that!
I'm virtually the only one here who's seen and remebered their match up at the Hopman Cup.

And I'm not about to forget the SF at the AO where Kim had a 5-1 lead in the final set, then blew the whole match 4-6, 6-3, 7-5. Well, I hope Kim wins the US Open to rectify the loss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
kku said:
I'm virtually the only one here who's seen and remebered their match up at the Hopman Cup.

And I'm not about to forget the SF at the AO where Kim had a 5-1 lead in the final set, then blew the whole match 4-6, 6-3, 7-5. Well, I hope Kim wins the US Open to rectify the loss.
that match was against another player. How can you rectify A loss? Its in the past its over you lost.

Also some ofyou seem to forget last year usopen 2002

2002 U.S. Open Hard (O) 16 Amelie MAURESMO def Kim Clijsters 6-4 3-6 5-7
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,534 Posts
kku said:
I'm virtually the only one here who's seen and remebered their match up at the Hopman Cup.

And I'm not about to forget the SF at the AO where Kim had a 5-1 lead in the final set, then blew the whole match 4-6, 6-3, 7-5. Well, I hope Kim wins the US Open to rectify the loss.
Yep, ´cause this is the time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cybelle Darkholme said:
that match was against another player. How can you rectify A loss? Its in the past its over you lost.

Also some ofyou seem to forget last year usopen 2002

2002 U.S. Open Hard (O) 16 Amelie MAURESMO def Kim Clijsters 6-4 3-6 5-7
I didn't; That's why I predicted Amelie will win. But I have been told that to forget about last year because Kim is so much better now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,315 Posts
I have a question.

Aren't all these people saying Amelie is going to win the same ones who usually claim that Kim gets cakewalk/catwalk/canewalk/capewalk/cornwalk/codwalk/copwalk/carwalk draws?
 
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Top