Tennis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Team Vika
46,758 Posts
I was surprised to see VEDDER lose since she's had some good results this year. What is the deal with ANDREEVA ?

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
I was surprised to see VEDDER lose since she's had some good results this year. What is the deal with ANDREEVA ?
One of the biggest prospects. Just turned 15, destroyed some big names in Junior already, 12-match win streak now in professional ITF.

Her records:
ITF PRO: 23 matches, 19W, 4L (15k&25k)
ITF Junior 2022: 9W, 3L (JA, J1)
ITF Junior 2021: 37W, 10L (JA, J1, J2, J3, J4)

Younger sister of Erika Andreeva who is top 200 already at age of 17 and quit Junior's early. Mirra Andreeva used to be EXTREMELY vocal on court, screaming and shouting all the time, and throwing her racket violently, especially when losing. She changed that behavior few months ago, she was pretty calm during Junior French Open even when she lost vs Bejlek.

·
Registered
Team Vika
46,758 Posts
Mirra also won her QF match, and now reached the SF in her very first 25k tournament after just turning 15!

I know @iGOAT has been looking for a new prospect for many years, well, here he finally found one :p
She will be overtaken by KNESIA !

• Love
Reactions: EfremovaFan

·
Registered
34,477 Posts
I think Linda and Erika have similar talent. I think Brenda and Mirra will overtake them, with Mirra being the best out of the four. Still a long way to go and a lot that can go wrong.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
I think Linda and Erika have similar talent. I think Brenda and Mirra will overtake them, with Mirra being the best out of the four. Still a long way to go and a lot that can go wrong.
Yea, it's sad that Erika gets 0 hype compared to Linda here. Even in the rankings they are close. The CZE marketing propaganda machine is just working super well, compared to the Russian one.

Erika, unlike her sister, is a very quiet girl though. Just playing tennis. Probably doesn't care right now about how much attention she is getting or not. She played a decent match vs HaddadMaia, even though eventually she had no chance. Much better than the Eala matches for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts