Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alex is one of the reasons why WTA and ITF are redesigning the competition.
Shnyder, Zvonareva, Buzarenescu, Kanepi, ... all restarted from scratch and are already in the top-200. Some even in the top-70.
This girl is playing everywhere and has not made top-300 in 10 years.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
This Miller girl (17yrs old ,unranked) upsetted higher ranked player in QR1 too. And almost beated arcangioli last week... obv. In good form.

·
Registered
34,670 Posts
I'm obsessed with a comeback story but Alex and her rude, overbearing mother are honestly so stale at this point. How does she even afford to keep travelling to all these tournaments? Go away already.

·
Registered
11,419 Posts
I'm obsessed with a comeback story but Alex and her rude, overbearing mother are honestly so stale at this point. How does she even afford to keep travelling to all these tournaments? Go away already.
I used to be on the side of, if she's still enjoying what she's doing she might as well play on, but those days are over. She's long past any sort of comeback hope and financially this is irresponsible. This week for example, flies all the way to Great Britain to play qualies of a $25k, plays two matches which means she doesn't get out of qualifying. I really don't understand how she has the money left at this point to do it! To top it off she either has to stay there or come back to the US because there is no event for her to play there next week, only viable option is in the US. Then she's committed to Spain and the US the week after?!

To top it off she's now at an all time low of being barely inside the top 800. She will have no choice, but to strictly play $15ks which I know she is above doing.

Ahh, but as I spoke to in her player thread, I'll continue to follow this sad story which makes me pretty sad I suppose. :smash:

·
always getting what i want
18,244 Posts
Sexy still a bit rusty at the start of her 2018 campaign. But she will only get better. :cool:
Still plenty of time to peak for Wimbledon :cheer:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Shnyder, Zvonareva, Buzarenescu, Kanepi, ... all restarted from scratch and are already in the top-200. Some even in the top-70.
She was actually within the top 175 a few years ago......

·
Premium Member
66,175 Posts
She was actually within the top 175 a few years ago......
Her highest ranking in the last 10 years is #189 in 2009. She hasn’t entered the top 300 since 2012.

·
Banned
15,175 Posts

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Ouch. Wherr is thid cssh flow coming from? She ain't fit enough to be yaughting...

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I don't know why she put herself down for Midland last week instead of playing Glasgow as well, when she had a snowball's chance in hell of getting into the qualies of a 100k being ranked in the 700s.

I guess she's doing some coaching and that is paying for the flights in this crazy adventure, because what she won this week for her solitary UK tournament wouldn't even have covered airport transfers.

Highly likely she won't make the cutoff point for the new ITF pro system next year.

·
Premium Member
3,630 Posts
Girl, you ship sailed LONG ago.
It just wasn't meant to be after.....2002???

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
In R1 of the main draw, Nell Miller just got trounced 0-6, 1-6 by #324 Jesika Maleckova, just to put into perspective where Stevenson's level is.
Well, Miller is yet to win a main draw match, that might better for perspective. But not to be ujust, Malečková won 15k Stutgart Stammheim 2 weeks ago and is on 6 win streak now, undefeated this year so far, not dropping a set yet. So she might be on a roll and in good form, although she didn't face any particularly tough opponent yet this year.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts