Tennis Forum banner

1461 - 1466 of 1466 Posts

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
I wish she would whip out that 2011 AO outfit she had planned. It was a different spin and would've looked great on her.

All of her 2015 outfits were HOT. I feel like her RG outfit that year is extremely underrated. The peach looked great on her (especially when she swapped the sports bra to match the dress). And that snake dress for USO 2015? She looked DEADLY.
What was she going to wear in 2011?

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
So disappointed that Serena ended her season. It’s clear that she needs match play, it’s clear that the likes of Osaka and Kerber caught her off guard, and it’s clear that she is still on the come back. I wish she would have made it to the WTA finals to compete with the girls regularly giving her trouble at the slams. She hasn’t won a tourney yet, and she needs to get that monkey off her back. Otherwise it’s just more chokes in the final.

In 2012 she was regularly routining these girls because she was used to their games and would meet them in smaller tourneys. Now she’s having to learn and adapt to their games on the spot at slams and it’s becoming more and more daunting. I have faith in her but this extended off season will be tough if she isn’t training harder than ever.
1 MILLION % correct about what you said in the bolded.

Ree HAS to come into 2019 in the best shape she can possibly be in. I have faith that she can win a few more singles slams. But, she HAS, HAS, HAS to stay in the best shape she can. She's no longer 27 and can get it done no matter what shape she's in. She has knee issues to keep track of and she also has to as an older player be in great shape IE: Federer.

Speaking of the ATP and it's diminishing returns post the big 3/4 retiring:

The ATP like the WTA is going to be a big, hot, steaming pile of SHIT post the big 3/4 and Ree ans Vee's retirement.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I’ve been having nightmares of Serena. One night I dreamt that she died, and the other night I dreamt she lost another slam final. I woke up shook af, especially from the death one. What does this mean y’all?! Maybe it’s her rebirth and she comes out firing at the AO...

Serena loves trends I’ve noticed. After winning her 17th at the 2013 USO she went on to lose the next three slams from the pressure of tying Chris and Martina, then won #18 at AO 2014. She won #23 at AO 2017 and since then has lost in her next three slams (pressure of tying Court?), so hopefully this means AO 2019 is hers for the taking.

·
Banned
17,826 Posts
I’ve been having nightmares of Serena. One night I dreamt that she died, and the other night I dreamt she lost another slam final. I woke up shook af, especially from the death one. What does this mean y’all?! Maybe it’s her rebirth and she comes out firing at the AO...

Serena loves trends I’ve noticed. After winning her 17th at the 2013 USO she went on to lose the next three slams from the pressure of tying Chris and Martina, then won #18 at AO 2014. She won #23 at AO 2017 and since then has lost in her next three slams (pressure of tying Court?), so hopefully this means AO 2019 is hers for the taking.
It's definitely pressure to tie Court. It consumes her mind.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts

She won 18 at USO 2014. So she dealt with the nerves for a year but then she went on the run with Serena Slam 2.0 and the Calendar Slam.

1461 - 1466 of 1466 Posts