Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Inglis seems to have turned things around quickly after that awful clay season. Those high-end ITF tournaments Japan used to host on carpet during the WTA clay tournaments would have been perfect for her. It's a shame she (and the others) won't earn any points for her efforts here. Of course we would see so much success when there are no points on offer!

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Jaimee (6-4 6-4) and Astra (3-6 6-2 6-3) make it 3 women qualifying, and 5 Aussies total

Edit: Maddi makes it 4 women and 6 Aussies total 7-6(2) 2-6 6-2. That has to be the best qualifying tournament for Australia in a long time

·
Premium Member
11,840 Posts
Oh i'm gutted for Pri.... she was looking really good she'll be devastated.

This doesn't feel real :LOL: great performances.

Can't believe they all goat though when there is no points available

·
Registered
18,656 Posts
Not easy draws but they were unlikely to be anyway, even the British WCs this year are tougher than usual. Could certainly be worse!

Maddi and Dasha with the best chances, but everyone except Zoe (unless Sakkari REALLY goes grand slam haywire) with somewhat of a shot. Flipkens and Maria are deceptively tough draws though.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Of the 32 women in R3, Ajla would surely be close to dropping the fewest games
After reading this I was curious so I had a look and she's equal third with Niemeier on 9 games (Badosa and Jabeur are tied for first on 8)!

Could be a tough one against Krejcikova, but also not unwinnable given Krejcikova's form coming into the event

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Ajla beats Krejcikova 2-6 6-4 6-3, what a nice surprise! Now has Swiatek or Cornet in R4

Big shame for her that she wasn't even given the chance to defend her QF points as she's largely done so...

21 - 40 of 45 Posts