Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
9,478 Posts
Let's see how many end up pulling out after AO
I don't see many pulling out actually.
the A.O. finishes on Jan 30th ( for those who get that far), this event doesn't start until Feb 7th. There is no event inbetween, players will be looking to play somewhere, particularly those who lose early in Melbourne.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Happy to see Aryna join. Looks like she is going to need to play a lot of matches to sort through the serving // get some confidence this season.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I see Giorgi on the list, so she says she will be there, or will she:unsure:? I never believe it till her name is in the draw. Why she did not play a warm up in Australia I have no idea. I am not on Instagram so I can't see what she posts, hopefully she will be there.

·
Registered
802 Posts
the A.O. finishes on Jan 30th ( for those who get that far), this event doesn't start until Feb 7th. There is no event inbetween, players will be looking to play somewhere, particularly those who lose early in Melbourne.
Also, some of these women didn't play warm ups in Australia as well. So, they surely wouldn't want the AO to be their only tournament between November and mid-February.

·
Registered
Kerber Linette Radwańska Kuznetsova Svitolina Barty Collins Clijsters Henin Jankovic Keys Kontaveit
332 Posts
It is good to see Linette here. Her serve in Ostrava was very efficient. I wonder what she can do in indoors tournaments.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Begu, Vekic are in the Alt MD list, but in the Q list. Few other players also. So if they do not get in, they are not playing qualies. I wish Vekic would have put her name in the Q list. She has not played the AO warm up tournaments. It is the preliminary Q list though.

·
Registered
46,150 Posts
I see Giorgi on the list, so she says she will be there, or will she:unsure:? I never believe it till her name is in the draw. Why she did not play a warm up in Australia I have no idea. I am not on Instagram so I can't see what she posts, hopefully she will be there.
Don’t worry, she never posts any tennis-related things on Instagram.

·
Registered
27,209 Posts
Good point. Just realize that we have a week off. Only in WTA lol. Such a mess

·
Registered
12 Posts
He had the covid

·
Registered
79,942 Posts
Qualifying
Entries
NameEntry Ranking
Ana Konjuh58
Mayar Sherif62
Nuria Parrizas Diaz63
Anastasia Potapova68
Jaqueline Cristian69
Elena-Gabriela Ruse72
Shuai Zhang74
Aliaksandra Sasnovich76
Clara Burel77
Varvara Gracheva78
Donna Vekic79
Saisai Zheng81
Rebecca Peterson82
Oceane Dodin85
Kristina Mladenovic88
Kaja Juvan89
Vera Zvonareva91
Anna Bondar92
Panna Udvardy95
Kristina Kucova96
Xinyu Wang100
Magdalena Frech102
Bernarda Pera105
Anna Kalinskaya106
Harmony Tan107
Lin Zhu112
Kamilla Rakhimova113
Ana Bogdan116
(WC)
(WC)
(WC)
(WC)
Alternates
NameEntry Ranking
1Viktoriya Tomova118
2Harriet Dart123
3Aleksandra Krunic126
4Jule Niemeier129
5Vitalia Diatchenko132
6Irina Bara134
7Anastasia Gasanova136
8Ekaterine Gorgodze140
9Catherine Mcnally141
10Lucia Bronzetti142
11Rebecca Marino143
12Dayana Yastremska144
13Lesley Pattinama Kerkhove148
14Katarzyna Kawa152
15Cristina Bucsa154
16Katie Boulter155
17Rebeka Masarova157
18Viktoria Kuzmova160
19Leonie Kung162
20Rebecca Sramkova166

·
Registered
56,619 Posts
I don't see the point for Badosa to play an indoor tournament now :dunno:

hopefully Jabeur will be fit/recovered from her Sydney injury

·
Registered
56,619 Posts
Good girl (y)

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
QD Out
Sherif

In
Tomova

NEXT
Dart

·
Premium Member
182,452 Posts
You would imagine the WC's would go to Russian players, likely players such as Potapova, Zvonareva, Gracheva.?
Only get 2 such WC’s
Other 2 are top 20 WC but if not used they go to next 2 in list

21 - 40 of 56 Posts