Tennis Forum banner
161 - 180 of 246 Posts

·
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
12,243 Posts
I think Nike makes their outfits half a year in advance. Even when they signed Naomi it took a bit for her to get special outfits, so that’s why they had her wear the white dress after US Open so they kinda “reserve” it in case of a surprise like Emma, while they had all the others wear red shirt or yellow dress.

Will be interesting if she’ll have her own collection. Azarenka had it for a while, but then they changed it to her wearing just a same thing but different colour than the other girls and now she wears the same thing as others. And now Sloane is wearing different colour (like her US Open outfit), probably until her current contract runs out.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Considering EleVen is Venus's own fashion line, I am bit surprised that they don't have any other tennis players under them

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I wonder if Nike will want to have a similar strategy with Naomi and Emma than with Serena and Maria with two very different lines dedicated to each. Lately they kept doing Serena her own line, they probably will until she retires and now there is a line for Naomi.
And they didn't take too much risk other than with these two. Sloane just has a different color, not her own designs, maybe they planned to do so with Bianca.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,699 Posts
Fila always seems to give every one of their players, men and women, a different look. Nike & Adidas could learn something from them, but of course they won't.
I think it’s important to mention that Fila sponsor about 1/3 if not 1/4 of the amount of players Nike or Adidas sponsor. Ain’t no way Nike is making 20 different outfits…that’s just not viable.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I understand the Nike looks are designed as outfits, but with the similarities of the color way it’s surprising they don’t have players mix and match some of the tops and bottoms to create more dynamic and varied outfits. No one really does that.

I so recall the Adidas watermelon outfits from the Australian one year where the players seemed to be able to switch out a sleeveless top for a sleeved one, and mixed matches the bottoms because they used similar colors, and shows the versatility of the line.

·
*Sesil*
22,350 Posts
I so recall the Adidas watermelon outfits from the Australian one year where the players seemed to be able to switch out a sleeveless top for a sleeved one, and mixed matches the bottoms because they used similar colors, and shows the versatility of the line.
I would have thought for sales this would be encouraged as most regular players will want skirts and tops that can work many ways .

·
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
12,243 Posts
More details of new ASICs for AO2022
View attachment 205209

The complete collection on Paolini, the dress color combo looks pretty nice.

161 - 180 of 246 Posts