Tennis Forum banner
121 - 140 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I hope Nettu gets something new for AO but I guess the old collection will do. She certainly squeezes titles out with it.

·
Keep calm and be gay.
52,278 Posts
Leylah Fernandez in Lululemon

Racketlon Tennis Tennis racket Strings Sports equipment

Footwear Sky Sports equipment Flash photography Happy

Sky Cloud Tennis player Racquet sport Tennis Equipment

Shoulder Muscle Waist Thigh Trunk

Hairstyle Muscle Human body Strings Thigh

Tennis Racketlon Sports equipment Tennis player Leg

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Are the players allowed to choose which outfit in the collection to wear?
For Nike & Adidas, it doesn't seem like it. Every tournament, players from Adidas & Nike look like clones of each other, save for Naomi and Serena. Nike has let players wear different tops in recent years, but that's about it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm digging the outfits, different from all the kits from the usual suppliers. Looks like something athletic in a general wear kind of way like you could wear it in the gym or doing workouts out and about. Most tennis outfits look like dresses made for the court only and would look out of place in the gym.

Smart move by Lululemon, dress your star in stuff you intend to sell in large numbers to your market. Uniqlo need to take note as their tennis outfits are so drab and low quality compared to the competition. So sad to see Fed decked out in some of the crap they've given him over the years. Maybe it's not a coincidence the slams dried up once he joined them!

·
Registered
19,635 Posts
LAF looks great in these—youthful and athletic in a very contemporary way. Hopefully she’ll have a nice run in Melbourne and we can see a bunch of these outfits!!!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Lululemon, my first NCAA men's player turned, struggling pro Oliver Crawford is also sponsored by them, which I thought was interesting considering his low rank. Leylah looks great. Lululemon is ubiquitous in the USA, and so pricey, but their clothes are super comfortable.

http://instagr.am/p/CFLFKQSjLha/
Fiona Ferro had a different Lacoste outfit on this week,. wonder if we'll see Kontaveit in it at the Australian Open.

·
Registered
24,425 Posts
A few thoughts:

Good for Lulu and LAF! Those are some great looks, and it's nice they're moving into tennis.
So much brown! Mostly terrible. It looks like Mug might be the only person to pull it off a bit?
Ash looks great in her simpler silhouette kits. Great upgrade over the pleated and adorned things that one wouldn't guess she'd ever pick.
Osaka hasn't looked good in years... What the hell is going on with these lewks?
I laughed reading about Ostapenko's kit. Any chance we will see it again?
I always wonder why Kenin, a relatively small person, finds items too small or oversized? She looks good in a proper tennis dress.

121 - 140 of 246 Posts