Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the 2021 FITD Managers' Thread!

Important Links:

2022 FITD Rankings
2022 Race to the Championships
FITD Managers Guide
FITD Spreadsheet
Eye's New Spreadsheet Guide for Managers

Guidelines:

SIGNUP
  • You may choose one tournament per week. Please do not ask for more than one tournament per week unless we need a manager last minute.
  • aerosmash will like or reply to your post right away if approved.
  • If you commit to a tournament, always be mindful of the day and time the first round starts.
  • If you have to cancel your commitment due to emergency, please inform me as soon as possible via PM or just post here.

MANAGING
  • Be able to post updates after every day or every round. Either one is fine.
  • Use whatever method or style of management you need and refer to the guide above for help.
  • If you have any questions please ask in this thread or PM any of the managers. Don't worry, we don't bite!
  • Anyone can manage a tournament, but if you are a newer manager try to start with a WTA125 or WTA250 event.
  • Don't forget to email your sheets to me for the rankings! - [email protected]
  • For general game purposes, you may also use the same email as above. Please take note, however, that this does not accept entries except during special circumstances.

YOUR help is needed to keep this game alive. It's easy, fun, and you get to see your score before everyone else.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
FITD 2022 Season Tournament List

WEEKTOURNAMENTCATEGORYDRAWMANAGER
January 3Adelaide 150030MICIA
January 3Melbourne 125032Mtimmieboy04
January 3Melbourne 225032Mtimmieboy04
January 10Sydney50030MICIA
January 10Adelaide 225032Mtimmieboy04
January 17/24Australian OpenGrandSlam128Meye
February 7St. Petersburg50032Mtimmieboy04
February 14Dubai50032MICIA
February 21Doha1000N56Meye
February 21Guadalajara25032Mqwang
February 28Lyon25032Meye
February 28Monterrey25032Mtimmieboy04
March 7Indian Wells1000M96Maerosmash
March 21Miami1000M96MICIA
March 28Marbella12532Maerosmash
April 4Charleston50056Mtimmieboy04
April 4Bogota25032MLatvian
April 18Stuttgart50028MLatvian
April 18Istanbul25032MRandy
April 25/May 2Madrid1000M64Maerosmash
May 2Saint-Malo12532Mianb29
May 9Rome1000N56MLatvian
May 9Paris12532Mqwang
May 9Karlsruhe12532mRandy
May 16Rabat25032Msilvamarius
May 16Strasbourg25032Mianb29
May 23/30Roland-GarrosGrandSlam128MICIA
May 30Makarska12532Mqwang
June 6's-Hertogenbosch25032Maerosmash
June 6Nottingham25032M
June 6Valencia12532Mqwang
June 13Berlin50028M
June 13Birmingham25032Mianb29
June 13Gaiba12532Maerosmash
June 20Eastbourne500
June 20Bad Homburg25032M
June 27/July 4WimbledonGrandSlam128Maerosmash

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scoring Points

Code:
WTA 125
Draw Size 128
-------------------------
R128 - 20
R64 - 30
R32 - 40
R16 - 57
QF - 75
SF - 95
F - 160
Code:
WTA 125
Draw Size 48
R64 - 8
R32 - 15
R16 - 29
QF - 57
SF - 95
F - 160
Code:
WTA 125
Draw Size 32
R32 - 15
R16 - 29
QF - 57
SF - 95
F - 160
Code:
WTA 250
Draw Size 64
R64 - 16
R32 - 30
R16 - 60
QF - 110
SF - 180
F - 280
Code:
WTA 250
Draw Size 32
R32 - 30
R16 - 60
QF - 110
SF - 180
F - 280
Code:
WTA 500
Draw Size 64
R64 - 30
R32 - 55
R16 - 100
QF - 185
SF - 305
F - 470
Code:
WTA 500
Draw Size 32
R32 - 55
R16 - 100
QF - 185
SF - 305
F - 470
Code:
WTA 1000 - Dubai, Rome, Canada, Cincinnati & Wuhan
Draw Size 64
R64 - 60
R32 - 105
R16 - 190
QF - 350
SF - 585
F - 900
Code:
WTA 1000 - Indian Wells & Miami
Draw Size 128
R128 - 35
R64 - 65
R32 - 120
R16 - 215
QF - 390
SF - 650
F - 1000
Code:
WTA 1000 - Madrid & Beijing
Draw Size 64
R64 - 65
R32 - 120
R16 - 215
QF - 390
SF - 650
F - 1000
Code:
Grand Slam
Draw Size 64
R128 - 70
R64 - 130
R32 - 240
R16 - 430
QF - 780
SF - 1300
F - 2000
Code:
WTA Finals - Shenzhen/Zhuhai
Round Robin - 8/12
RR - 230
SF - 360
F - 450

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
res3

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
res4

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
res5

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happy New Year, dear managers!

I'm really sorry for not posting any FITD updates recently.

I've been so overwhelmed--and extremely tired!--with tasks and engagements lately that it almost escaped me that the new WTA season begins tomorrow already. :sobbing: I did not anticipate the deluge of work towards the yearend, I'm sorry!

Any takers for the January/February events?

Jan 3
Adelaide 1 (500) - ICIA (thread already open)
Melbourne 1 (250) - timmieboy04 (via PM)
Melbourne 2 (250) -

Jan 10
Sydney (500) -
Adelaide 2 (250) -

Jan 17
Australian Open (GS) -

Feb 7
St. Petersburg (500) -

Feb 14
Dubai (500) -

Feb 21
Doha (1000NM) -
Guadalajara (250) -

Feb 28
Lyon (250) -
Monterrey (250) -

Tagging all managers from last year, hope you guys could lend us a hand again for the 2022 season! Really appreciate the help!

@goOudinUSA @ICIA @Randy @Latvian @eye @Chris93 @ianb29 @Broseghini @Poltergeist @timmieboy04 @qwang

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
February managers still needed!

Font Rectangle Material property Screenshot Number

Anyway, what do you think of having a live scoring in all events? Will all of us be able to do it? Will you still be able to manage more tournaments if we require it?

To those who are interested to run a live scoring, just let @eye know that you want one so he can help you set it up.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I can take Dubai February 14. I have worked with @eye to do Live Scoring for the recent big tournaments I have managed (U.S. Open and Indian Wells) and find that it is well received by players. I would be willing to do live scoring in any event, as it is only one additional step on the setup and does help if I cannot provide an update due to travel or other commitments. I could do Live Scoring for Dubai.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Anyway, what do you think of having a live scoring in all events? Will all of us be able to do it? Will you still be able to manage more tournaments if we require it?

To those who are interested to run a live scoring, just let @eye know that you want one so he can help you set it up.
My opinion is we should use the live version cause it has many benefits. Players can watch live at any time the results, they can also correct us if we have made any mistake cause it is easier for them to detected it, we also avoid the possibility to enter accidentally wrong result in at a match and most important for us (managers) we can be away without worrying that much of posting update (of course we should post but it is not that bad anymore if we are away 2-3 days).
For managers the extra job is not much at all. A copy-paste from the desktop file we have to google sheets is less than a minute task and there is an extra task in which we need to copy paste 32-64 or 128 names (depending on draw size) from the livescore site to the sheet. It took me about 10 mins to do that at large draw (AO) and even i am fast or used to do this I don't think someone else might need more than 20 mins. So the extra job is not that much. The only "requirement" is to be able to have ready early enough the spreadsheet (at worse before day 2 start) cause it won't have meaning to use live spreadsheet after most of matches are over. I believe for the larger draws (64-128) using live spreadsheet should be mandatory and for the rest to be strongly recommended for this season and mandatoty to next season if we feel comfortable doing it.
Instructions on how to have live spreadsheet can be found here
For the managers that have not used in past the previous version I recommend to do a test before using it in a tournament. They can use a spreadsheet of a previous tournament (if they haven't any I can provide). Just send me a pm with your google account and the name of tournament you have spreadsheet from (if you haven't I will email you one) to set up the file.

·
Registered
764 Posts
My opinion is we should use the live version cause it has many benefits. Players can watch live at any time the results, they can also correct us if we have made any mistake cause it is easier for them to detected it, we also avoid the possibility to enter accidentally wrong result in at a match and most important for us (managers) we can be away without worrying that much of posting update (of course we should post but it is not that bad anymore if we are away 2-3 days).
For managers the extra job is not much at all. A copy-paste from the desktop file we have to google sheets is less than a minute task and there is an extra task in which we need to copy paste 32-64 or 128 names (depending on draw size) from the livescore site to the sheet. It took me about 10 mins to do that at large draw (AO) and even i am fast or used to do this I don't think someone else might need more than 20 mins. So the extra job is not that much. The only "requirement" is to be able to have ready early enough the spreadsheet (at worse before day 2 start) cause it won't have meaning to use live spreadsheet after most of matches are over. I believe for the larger draws (64-128) using live spreadsheet should be mandatory and for the rest to be strongly recommended for this season and mandatoty to next season if we feel comfortable doing it.
Instructions on how to have live spreadsheet can be found here
For the managers that have not used in past the previous version I recommend to do a test before using it in a tournament. They can use a spreadsheet of a previous tournament (if they haven't any I can provide). Just send me a pm with your google account and the name of tournament you have spreadsheet from (if you haven't I will email you one) to set up the file.
Is it a lot of work? I'm not too busy the week of Guadalajara and I can try, but I won't be able to monitor it 24/7 or anything

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will have a few busy months coming up so not much time to manage. If no one volunteers for St. Petersburg, I'll manage St. Petersburg.
St. Petes is a WTA 500 event with byes for Top 4 seeds. Beware of the possibility of a draw reshuffle between seeds caused by a player withdrawing. Please let me know if the draw replacement rule is not clear to you. :)

Reactions: timmieboy04

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Draw template for participants

As you might notice at AO I shared a google spreadsheet (it included the draw). The reason I did it except for the obvious which is to make picking easier is that this way the possibility of a draw to be with mistakes becomes 0. It was actually a test to see if this can work and the results were really very good. I can't know how many used it but 70-80% of the draws I got were perfect and without the need to do any change. So I created 3 files for each draw size so you can do the same in future cause it saves much times in our task. The files are the following

32 draw size
64 draw size
128 draw size

The only requirement is you and the ones who will use it for picking to have a google account (gmail). Here are the steps you need to follow in order this to work.

1) First click to the correct link above and then you will need click at "Create Copy". This will create a copy of the template file to your google drive.
2) Click at File and select Rename and change the name of the file to the tournament name so you can find it easier at google drive.
3) You need to copy-paste (just text) from the manager's spreadsheet the draw to the column K (the green column). Alternative you can do it in the opposite way (first type draw here and copy-paste text only to the manager's spreadsheet).
As you may notice at column J (blue) there are numbers. These numbers are to used for qualifiers. We used to name qualifiers as Q1,Q2,Q3 etc but when there were withdrawals after the original draw has been posted in many cases there were between other Qs and we had to try to find out when someone posted the draw and which Q he/she had picked. So I advice you to name the qualifiers in format Q
position. If we have a qualifier at the position 19 of the draw (first listed player at 10th match) it is better to name it Q19 than Q1,Q2,Q3 etc. This way we know without any doubt which Q is picked.
4) The next step we need to do is to share the file to others. We need to click at the green button "Share" at the top right corner. After we click it 2 mini windows will open. At at the top right side of the top window there is a gear. We need press it and make sure that the second option is ticked so others can copy the file to their google drive.If not then tick it. Then we click at the arrow at top left corner to return to previous screen with the 2 windows.
At the lower of the 2 windows you will see "Get link". If under "Get link" it is written " Restricted Only people..." then click to "Change to anyone with the link" and when it changes click at "Copy link" and the paste it somewhere temporary (eg notepad). Here comes the tricky part. The link we get is of this format https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/A very long key/edit?usp=sharing. We need to replace the blue part with copy so it will force the one that opens the link to get a copy of file. So we copy and paste the the link with the change to forum and others can get it and choose their picks.
That's all the actions we need to do. In case we know the qualifiers before main draw matches have started we need replace the Qs at the spreadsheet with the players so people will get an updated draw. The same we should do in case there are withdrawals before first main draw match has started.
We should also advice the participants to do the same changes to the copy they got in case we are not online when the change has occured. We should also ask them before posting the draw to copy and paste it to notepad and then copy it from notepad to forum to avoid the table that is created to forum when we are copying from a spreadsheet. Look my draw post at AO22 to get an idea of how the instructions should be.
Finally you should always post the draw as we used to do for anyone who prefer the traditional way of picking or hasn't a google account. I still recomment to post it as a spoiler because I guess many will just see the draw and won't pay attention to the rest text.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts