Tennis Forum banner
261 - 280 of 570 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Odds at William Hill's a week before kickoff.
Font Number Screenshot Circle Electric blue

Compared to the list a week ago: Iga's odds a bit higher (2.5 instead of 2.4), the rest of the leaders' lower (now 18 players paid below 30:1, then 10). Osaka out, Serena in. Simona's position a bit improved, Emma's weakened.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Odds at William Hill's a week before kickoff.
View attachment 220227

Compared to the list a week ago: Iga's odds a bit higher (2.5 instead of 2.4), the rest of the leaders' lower (now 18 players paid below 30:1, then 10). Osaka out, Serena in. Simona's position a bit improved, Emma's weakened.
For me Bencic and Kerber odds are too long, they are both among TOP8 favourites. Emma's odds are still too short OTOH.

Reactions: Tom Riddle

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
For me Bencic and Kerber odds are too long, they are both among TOP8 favourites. Emma's odds are still too short OTOH.
Kerber probably should have better odds, I would certainly put some money on her if I was a betting person. But Bencic has a shit record at slams outside of USO. Whatever her grass pedigree, I do not consider her a title contender at Wimbledon until she starts reaching QF and better.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Bencic, considering her injury, may not even play, definitely not 100%. Kerber? uhmm.. I'm speechless you are even considering her.
I think Bencic injury is not very serious and she'll be fine for Wimbledon. Kerber made the SF last year and had the best clay season since 2018 so she's certainly on form right now. She's one of the very few players who has massive experience on grass.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Promised translation of interview with Maciej Ryszczuk here:

·
Registered
964 Posts
I think Bencic injury is not very serious and she'll be fine for Wimbledon. Kerber made the SF last year and had the best clay season since 2018 so she's certainly on form right now. She's one of the very few players who has massive experience on grass.
There's been a lot of girls slipping on grass in the past week, and I would never discard severity of such. As a matter of fact, actual effects may only appear days after. So let's just say Bencic is a suspect at best. In terms of Kerber, I am aware of her past glories at SW19, still, last year she didn't face a significant opponent until she hit Barty and lost. So as far as I am concerned, bookies are on point with their numbers. Need I to mention this year she's been horrible? Well, winning 250 tournament and beating -50 ranked players is not exactly a big achievement.

261 - 280 of 570 Posts