Tennis Forum banner
861 - 880 of 888 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Leylah is selling NFTs and has a partnership with Flair Airlines (the one Genies with??) because of this match.

If it takes 1000 posts to kill this thread.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
tbf it's important to remember that US Open Women's final ratings will be affected due to clashing with College Football and US Open Men's final ratngs will be affected due to clashing with NFL opening weekend matches...US Open Women's Semi Final ratings are also affected as it directly clashes with NFL's opening game of the season on Thursday which is like one of the biggest sports days of the year in US. In US, when it comes to tv ratings among sports during regular season, NFL and College Football (especially in South) are usually the kings.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Did anyone pick up that Emma was subtly wearing the Romanian flag colours all tournament?
she was not

that's a standard Nike outfit and emblem

if you reffering to the yellow cap, most players i saw wearing the red and blue dress also assorted it with a yellow cap

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
she was not

that's a standard Nike outfit and emblem

if you reffering to the yellow cap, most players i saw wearing the red and blue dress also assorted it with a yellow cap
They get a choice of which outfit they wear though, right? She could've gone for the shorts, t-shirt, dress... but went for that particular combo.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
They get a choice of which outfit they wear though, right? She could've gone for the shorts, t-shirt, dress... but went for that particular combo.
most players have all the outfits in their wardorobe so ofcourse they choose what to wear

Raducanu started with those horrible white shorts, switched to this dress and stayed with it till the end, who knows what reason for

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I'll be posting emma's update to fet this to 1K... the haters are nowhere to be found as they will also contribute to that goal ha

·
Registered
387 Posts
Did anyone pick up that Emma was subtly wearing the Romanian flag colours all tournament?
That seemed to be a standard outfit that a lot of players used. I doubt it was made especially for her, but she might have spotted it early and decided just to keep wearing it. You'd probably have to ask her.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
The red outfit was such much better then the yellow one so if she could choose and did then well done Emma.

·
Registered
19,152 Posts
A few days on, and sometimes I still can’t believe we have a female British GS champion. This compared to the dark day of the late 90’s where our biggest achievement was Sam Smith making the 4th round of Wimbledon 1998. But then in that 4th round she was swatted aside by Tauziat 6/3 6/1.

Over the years we have had so many players where we witnessed mental fragility (Konta, Watson et al) - Emma is in a different league to these players in terms of mental strength. Konta really must be scratching her head, she’s been busting her chops for over a decade now.

861 - 880 of 888 Posts