Tennis Forum banner
821 - 840 of 910 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
We have bucket loads of pictures after pictures after pictures where barring a few exceptions everyone is unmasked both indoor and outdoor and workers have to do the brunt of the work wearing a mask. And it is pointless to talk about states were masks are not mandated because there is no point of a mask mandate if your mask is simply used as an entry pass. The performatively "mask mandate" crowd should know that masks can only work when they are actually on your face covering your mouth and nose.

My point here is the hypocrisy, selfishness, and greed of the these MET Gala people.
It is a fundraising gala for the Costume Institute, what else would you expect. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ArturJFC

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
It is a fundraising gala for the Costume Institute, what else would you expect. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I expect the powerful, the most famous, the richest to be held to the same standard that they demand others to be held. I expect the crowd that throws around "pro-science", "we are in the middle of a pandemic", "don't be selfish wear a maks" to actually follow the science, and understand that we are in the middle of a pandemic and not be selfish and be considerate towards others especially the workers (some of whom are volunteers) on whose backs this event has been organized.

I know these expectations are idealistic, and not realistic but one has to rant against these on-your-face callousness, and against the cruelty that their privilege blinds them from.

Reactions: networthy

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I expect the powerful, the most famous, the richest to be held to the same standard that they demand others to be held. I expect the crowd that throws around "pro-science", "we are in the middle of a pandemic", "don't be selfish wear a maks" to actually follow the science, and understand that we are in the middle of a pandemic and not be selfish and be considerate towards others especially the workers (some of whom are volunteers) on whose backs this event has been organized.

I know these expectations are idealistic, and not realistic but one has to rant against these on-your-face callousness, and against the cruelty that their privilege blinds them from.
Especially at one of the most self indulgent events on the calendar.

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,819 Posts

·
Registered
29,693 Posts
AOC’s on the nose message dress for the easy applause is cringe-worthy and tone deaf.
This coming from a politician is even worse and the simplicity of it is simply an insult to intelligence.
I hate how politicians nowadays seems to be so Social Media oriented that actual work doesn’t matter. Only the slogan that is clearly oriented to young people that are stupid and with short attention span.

·
La nuit je mens
91,331 Posts
42 pages in GM for the Met Gala ?

Where are we ?

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,819 Posts
Yup 2 of them are created by me... I created the first bombshell thread about that first photo maria shared..

I sent Michael! and charmedRic a PM asking for explanation... :( and whether it's possible to unmerge it..
I got a reply from one of them:

we had an Osaka thread first about the met gala, that she will host it and then the thread about the gala itself from you, people were posting the same stuff/pics in it, so we decided to merge it and same with other "met gala" related stuff.
If people want to discuss about the Venus/Serena/Maria friendship or pic itself only then they also can do in the subforum, in GM some people obviously complained about several threads about the same/similar topic, its not possible to make everyone happy.
And I mean, I was not the one who merged your latest thread into the big main thread but its clear that it got merged in there as well once we decided to make one big thread out of it,

@Fiercepova

😕😔

• Angry
Reactions: Fiercepova

·
CGS
7,695 Posts
I got a reply from one of them:

we had an Osaka thread first about the met gala, that she will host it and then the thread about the gala itself from you, people were posting the same stuff/pics in it, so we decided to merge it and same with other "met gala" related stuff.
If people want to discuss about the Venus/Serena/Maria friendship or pic itself only then they also can do in the subforum, in GM some people obviously complained about several threads about the same/similar topic, its not possible to make everyone happy.
And I mean, I was not the one who merged your latest thread into the big main thread but its clear that it got merged in there as well once we decided to make one big thread out of it,

@Fiercepova

😕😔
DEAD. Lmao a photo of Maria, Serena and Venus should be discussed in a subforum? Which one? So we can’t even have a thread for this iconic moment? IT’S NOT THAT HARD. I can swear and talk shit about the moderation in this forum a lot right now but they might ban me, so whatever. Again, the STUBBORNNESS of some people.

·
Registered
15,322 Posts
I understand that Naomi Osaka has been chosen as "the face of tennis and women's sports" by the media and by sponsors but she does not measure up.
She is very boring both as a player and as a person. She has no personality, she is basic like Kenin or Krejcikova ... She must stop crying so much at the press conferences and kiss her manager's feet for what he has done for her.
It's not like the girl in your avatar is super exciting. You could have named her as an example instead of Henin..

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,819 Posts
sorry but why is this in GM?
because it involves and was attended by at least 8 WTA players: Sharapova, Raducanu, Fernandez, Osaka, Serena, Venus, Sloane, Tomjlanovic + 2 ATP players Berrettini & Auger

·
Registered
89,689 Posts
821 - 840 of 910 Posts