Tennis Forum banner
801 - 820 of 910 Posts

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
The Metropolitan Museum of Art has required that all visitors show proof of vaccination, and wear a face mask, to enter the museum. However, photos from Monday night's Met Gala show political and entertainment luminaries not masked, with full smiles, while staff was masked.

In photos from the event it is easy to see who was permitted to remove their masks and those who were prohibited from doing so, in service to their celebrity "betters."

The Met's policy specifically and unequivocally states that masks are required for all visitors over the age of 2 years old. A 2-year-old must wear a mask, but AOC and additional glitterati were dressed to the nines and face-mask-free at the annual Met Gala.

Reactions: networthy

·
Registered
IGA SWIATEK // PAULA BADOSA // GARBINE MUGURUZA // PETRA KVITOVA // ONS JABEUR // CAMILA OSORIO
352 Posts
I understand that Naomi Osaka has been chosen as "the face of tennis and women's sports" by the media and by sponsors but she does not measure up.
She is very boring both as a player and as a person. She has no personality, she is basic like Kenin or Krejcikova ... She must stop crying so much at the press conferences and kiss her manager's feet for what he has done for her.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The Metropolitan Museum of Art has required that all visitors show proof of vaccination, and wear a face mask, to enter the museum. However, photos from Monday night's Met Gala show political and entertainment luminaries not masked, with full smiles, while staff was masked.

In photos from the event it is easy to see who was permitted to remove their masks and those who were prohibited from doing so, in service to their celebrity "betters."

The Met's policy specifically and unequivocally states that masks are required for all visitors over the age of 2 years old. A 2-year-old must wear a mask, but AOC and additional glitterati were dressed to the nines and face-mask-free at the annual Met Gala.
Vaccines were required to attend the gala, and while unmasked on the Red Carpet, you can see many photos showing the celebrities were masked inside the gala itself.

Reactions: JamDev

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
Vaccines were required to attend the gala, and while unmasked on the Red Carpet, you can see many photos showing the celebrities were masked inside the gala itself.
The same relaxation doesn't apply to staff and workers there.

And no the photos from insides are post right on this thread without any masks on.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
That's indicative of pretty much any business in the United States where masks are mandated. If you were to enter a restaurant in NYC right now, you wouldn't have to mask up until you entered, and then you'd be able to remove it while you were eating. The staff would have to remain masked at all times. No big surprise.

Even when masks were no longer mandated in most given cities, a lot of restauruants/hotels/shops still required their employees to wear their masks. Your point is moot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
it has a lot to do with tennis

visibility -> more money in ->prizes -> more people picking up tennis
Not at all to do with tennis. It's be like a picture of Roger Federer at Burger King somehow had something to do with tennis. It would not.
And this stupid party is a bunch of Rich people wearing hideous outfits. What a waste.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Are Williams sisters retired?!
My guess is yes. At least that's something what you do to stay relevant after you left the spotlight.

For context it's important to note, that cesspool Instagram is the sponsor for this year's Met Gala. This wasn't a spontaneous picture taken out of the blue. That's not how it works.

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
That's indicative of pretty much any business in the United States where masks are mandated. If you were to enter a restaurant in NYC right now, you wouldn't have to mask up until you entered, and then you'd be able to remove it while you were eating. The staff would have to remain masked at all times. No big surprise.

Even when masks were no longer mandated in most given cities, a lot of restauruants/hotels/shops still required their employees to wear their masks. Your point is moot.
The staff that worked there had to wear masks even when they were outside.

and no they were not wearing any masks even inside.
Shoulder Waist Brassiere Thigh Trunk

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Yes, I said that in my previous post masks would be required of staff at all times.

And yes they are times when people remove masks in public settings for photos. This extends to the general public, and not just the elite as you out it. It’s essentially status quo.

If you look in the mirror beyond, the woman in black has her mask on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tbh the news that the 3 biggest legends of WTA in the last 20 years - Maria, Serena and Venus were in the same photo, smiling and finally being friends (?) is more worthy of a bombshell than anything you could ask for in WTA, even if one has retired and the other two’s future cannot be predicted atm. The fact that these threads kept getting merged really upsets me. The stubbornness of some people.
It's nota bombshell. What happens off a tennis court has nothing to do with tennis.
This thread is giving me life! Can we put a bombshell tag for the whole thing?
Yawn. Not a bombshell.
i even didn’t mention met gala at all in the new thread title to focus one Masha’s and the williams sisters’ relationship instead and the mod didnt even think twice to merge it again. Even worse, this time he/she didn’t even leave the thread title of the merged thread hanging. Just deleted it… so the whole bombshell news is gone without trace in the GM front page

plus, venus following maria on instagram has nothing to do with met gala!
It's not a bombshell. Mods, should lock this whole stupid thread.
I understand that Naomi Osaka has been chosen as "the face of tennis and women's sports" by the media and by sponsors but she does not measure up.
She is very boring both as a player and as a person. She has no personality, she is basic like Kenin or Krejcikova ... She must stop crying so much at the press conferences and kiss her manager's feet for what he has done for her.
Agreed.

And no the photos from insides are post right on this thread without any masks on.
Well SAID!

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
Yes, I said that in my previous post masks would be required of staff at all times.

And yes they are times when people remove masks in public settings for photos. This extends to the general public, and not just the elite as you out it. It’s essentially status quo.

If you look in the mirror beyond, the woman in black has her mask on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hypocrisy that "we are in the middle of pandemic and lets talk about mask" but not for me is what's nauseating.

B) There is no scientific evidence that says that only working class population inside buildings are affected and are responsible for spreading covid. This is double standard right here.

C) How essential is a selfie that you are can take your mask off?

D) You can see that in that photo that people are without masks even when they are not in the selfies. and look at women behind the masked one.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The hypocrisy that "we are in the middle of pandemic and lets talk about mask" but not for me is what's nauseating.

B) There is no scientific evidence that says that only working class population inside buildings are affected and are responsible for spreading covid. This is double standard right here.

C) How essential is a selfie that you are can take your mask off?

D) You can see that in that photo that people are without masks even when they are in the selfies.
Everyone's specific relationship with masks are going to vary throughout the classes. A business will have their own requirements, and as such, staff isn't going to follow guests around ensuring their masks are on properly through every bite, and bathroom visit. That is true both of the MET Gala, and the McDonald's down the street.

·
Registered
13,501 Posts
It's nota bombshell. What happens off a tennis court has nothing to do with tennis.
Yawn. Not a bombshell.
It's not a bombshell. Mods, should lock this whole stupid thread.
Agreed.
Well SAID!
You supposedly dislike this "stupid thread" yet it is the only thread you're posting on since you've joined. 😂 Go salivate over pictures of women elsewhere you creepy old incel.

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
Everyone's specific relationship with masks are going to vary throughout the classes. A business will have their own requirements, and as such, staff isn't going to follow guests around ensuring their masks are on properly through every bite, and bathroom visit. That is true both of the MET Gala, and the McDonald's down the street.
The staff at Met Gala wouldn't follow the guests around because they don't have the power to enforce them to wear a mask and on top they run the risk of losing their jobs and livelihood in they dare ask a filthy rich person to put on the mask.

Met Gala is not a business but a charity event, but even as a business this equality of standards for both MET and McDonalds in not true in the slightest. There are innumerable videos on Youtube alone where people are denied entries to grocery stores, malls etc because they are not wearing masks. I support masks and vaccines, and support workers rights to deny services to people who for their selfishness would rather risk an underpaid worker without health insurance be subjected to Covid and the potential long term affects that we are still understanding in spite of the fact that a person needs groceries, a person need food. A person doesn't need Met Gala.

And what happened to "Me wearing mask protects you, you wearing mask protects me"? What we saw in these photos is that workers wearing masks protected rich celebs who have all the money and power to get the best of the best treatments should they be infected, and yet the rich celebs who likes to preach in that finger wagging importance of wearing masks are not forced to wear a mask to protect the health of those around them.

"Everyone's specific relationship with masks are going to vary throughout the classes" ... Really? How this can even be justified?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The staff at Met Gala wouldn't follow the guests around because they don't have the power to enforce them to wear a mask and on top of they run the risk of losing their jobs and livelihood in they dare ask a filthy rich person to put on the mask.

Met Gala is not a business but a charity event, but even as a business this equality of standards for both MET and McDonalds in not true in the slightest. There are innumerable videos on Youtube alone where people are denied entries to grocery stores, malls etc because they are not wearing masks. I support masks and vaccines, and support workers rights to deny services to people who for their selfishness would rather risk an underpaid worker without health insurance be subjected to Covid and the potential long term affects that we are still understanding in spite of the fact that a person needs groceries, a person need food. A person doesn't need Met Gala.

And what happened to "Me wearing mask protects you, you wearing mask protects me"? What we saw in this photos. Workers wearing masks protected rich celebs who have all the money and power to get the best of the best treatments should they be infected, and yet the rich celebs who likes to preach in that finger wagging importance of wearing masks are not forced to wear a mask to protect the health of those around them.

"Everyone's specific relationship with masks are going to vary throughout the classes" ... Really? How this can even be justified?
I'm not here to debate on the bigger issue of masks, I am just saying this situation is not new or specific to the MET Gala, it extends to the Elite, to the lower classes in the US where masks are mandated. People would've been denied entry to the MET if they didn't bring a mask/were unvaccinated, but again it's impossible to follow someone around the entire time to make sure their masks are on properly. That's at the MET, that's at McDonald's, that can be anywhere.

You should see the states were masks are not mandated.

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
I'm not here to debate on the bigger issue of masks, I am just saying this situation is not new or specific to the MET Gala, it extends to the Elite, to the lower classes in the US where masks are mandated. People would've been denied entry to the MET if they didn't bring a mask/were unvaccinated, but again it's impossible to follow someone around the entire time to make sure their masks are on properly. That's at the MET, that's at McDonald's, that can be anywhere.

You should see the states were masks are not mandated.
We have bucket loads of pictures after pictures after pictures where barring a few exceptions everyone is unmasked both indoor and outdoor and workers have to do the brunt of the work wearing a mask. And it is pointless to talk about states were masks are not mandated because there is no point of a mask mandate if your mask is simply used as an entry pass. The performatively "mask mandate" crowd should know that masks can only work when they are actually on your face covering your mouth and nose.

My point here is the hypocrisy, selfishness, and greed of the these MET Gala people.

801 - 820 of 910 Posts