Tennis Forum banner
781 - 800 of 910 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Maria and the WS probably realize that there are so many obsessed fans out there who will go ZOMG!!11! at a mere picture and probably thought why not?

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,819 Posts
Smile Dress Flash photography Happy Formal wear

Leylah Fernandez with Shang-Chi. He is a fan of Leylah as he follows her IG. They are both Canadians with Asian blood

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,819 Posts
Plant Nature World Organism People in nature

Fernandez, Auger, Berrettini, Tomljanovic

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
This thread was hard to find lol..

I have to say I’m surprised Venus is following Her , but after the initial surprise it’s a smart business move... though it would be more juicy if Serena and Her follower each other...
This is all about keeping their brand relevant is why I think they took a photo together. I've been seeing Serena in a ton of commercials as I have Federer and neither one has done anything in years. I probably come across as salty because I was expecting more from Serena this year and most likely she's retired already without saying she has, very upsetting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Even Serena must give in to Mother Time. She has done more in singles and doubles combined than graf and court, at least to my mind. Her behavior is of course not GOAT as such.

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
It turns out Sloane Stephens was also there.

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
No-one seeks attention more than Piers.
He is the perfect definition of a fragile man who can dish out but cannot take.

·
Registered
16,909 Posts
Poor @Julian. keeps getting all his threads merged. 🥲
Tbh the news that the 3 biggest legends of WTA in the last 20 years - Maria, Serena and Venus were in the same photo, smiling and finally being friends (?) is more worthy of a bombshell than anything you could ask for in WTA, even if one has retired and the other two’s future cannot be predicted atm. The fact that these threads kept getting merged really upsets me. The stubbornness of some people.
I think the mods wants to kill tennisforum. Sharapova with Williams in a photo is definitely worth it's own thread.

Reactions: Fiercepova

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
This photo for me sums up Met Gala the best:

Trousers Outerwear Smile Coat Automotive design

·
Registered
45,581 Posts
Yup 2 of them are created by me... I created the first bombshell thread about that first photo maria shared..

I sent @Michael! and @charmedRic a PM asking for explanation... :( and whether it's possible to unmerge it..
There were threads about that first photo even way before yours though. I think this was the first one I saw which they swiftly merged into this thread without even leaving any trace apparently.
View attachment 198564

Venus, Maria, and Serena posing together for Maria's Instagram account at 2021 Met Gala.

🤯🙈❤
I couldn’t care less about the event as a whole, but it is so good to see Serena, Maria and Venus in the same picture. Finally something what excites GM in TF is happening again and mods try to kill any sort of interaction by merging it into one big thread, which is absolutely chaotic and puts you off posting. Sometimes it does feel like excessive moderation wants the forum to slowly die. Especially regarding this photo no rules in the posts were broken, yet they still opted for the way that would put you off posting.

781 - 800 of 910 Posts