Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9,421 Posts
What an entertaining mess. Aljona made it much harder than it needed to be - should have went up 3-0 in the third set, but missed easy sitters on game points for two games in a row to ultimately go down 1-3 (She also missed an easy sitter at 4-4 in the 2nd set). And then somehow she reeled off 5 games in a row to win it all after being 0-40 in that 1-3 game. Great run, should be a good match against Vika next!

Reactions: klr

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Well.....one thing is certain.....match of the tournament.....from a shit show point of view.:ROFLMAO: Although the Andreescu/ Riske match was just as bad. Azarenka next? well girl.....GOOD LUCK, you're going to need it. Broken 7 times.....46 UE.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
It's admirable how willfully Ostapenko manages to hit through this mud, though Azarenka should eviscerate her if she keeps serving like today. Ostapenko's serve is simply atrocious - she turned this match around after saving those BPs at 3-1* in the third because Rogers was 7/7 up until that point.

·
CGS
7,726 Posts
Ostapenko is the most unpredictable player on earth. Missed such an easy smash to go up a break at the start of set 3, then missed another easy putaway at 40-15 in the next service game. Should have led 3-0, but went down 1-2 instead. Then escaped from 0-40 and 4 BPs in total at *1-3 and won the last 5 games. She made a mess out there. But thank god she won because a PM semi between Azarenka and Ostapenko sounds much more exciting.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
An exquisite torture, but finally a victory.

Shelby made the match difficult for Penko, it was not all Ostapenko's own mess. Though the cavalcade of missed drive volleys and smashes at key points at the beginning of the third set was a real low moment in the history of my Penkofandom, especially at 5 am.

·
Registered
12,069 Posts
Who else is doing it like these two?? 😭 I need to wash my eyes out after some of those misses early in the 3rd. The constant breaking in set 2 became almost ludicrous, it's like both players almost accepted they wouldn't hold their serve and would just try harder in the next game.

Always a disappointment to lose on your birthday, but I find Aljona much more watchable than Mustang Shelby so i'm happy she went through. I agree with the others on here that Vika should be eating that serve for breakfast.

·
Art & Futures
23,287 Posts
shelby raging at her stuff after the match lol

1 - 20 of 46 Posts