Tennis Forum banner
81 - 100 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
26,566 Posts
Guys, I am laughing my way through the comments. You have made my working day.

Your comments:

Bara ‘mother of the bride’
Iga ‘wearing her dad’s shoes’
Sakkari: ‘that window curtain dress’

I can’t 😅

·
Registered
12,139 Posts
Iga looks like she is wearing Bette Davis's dressing gown.. 'Fasten your seatbelts! You're in for a bumpy YEC!'

·
*Sesil*
22,342 Posts
The usual expensive curtains look, but I don't think there's ever been a stylish player (including Pova and VIP), and as someone has said above, they lack fashion sense, so they usually just have a middle-aged woman type overdone looking dress thrown in and that's it, plus too much make up and ill advised hairdos to make them look older. And what is Badosa wearing ? she could have done much better than that plain, drab black dress. Maybe I would say Pliskova is the best, but just for the sake of picking someone,
I dont think they had glam shots in the 90s/00s when Anna made YEC in doubles but she could always pull out a red carpet look. Maria is very hit or miss and never looked great at YEC compared to regular red carpets, I suspect it is cause she always has a stylist for them and often dressed herself for YEC.

·
Stanning for Andi
21,867 Posts
Kontaveit reminds me of Baby Spice in that outfit!

Olmos-Fichman, Schuurs and Hsieh look especially great among the doubles players whereas Klepac looks recently windowed. I would have let the glam Jurak take the front row.

·
Registered
18,197 Posts
Most of them are OK or not OK, but not necessarily mega disasters (Iga doesn't count as she is not even trying. She deliberately goes for that loafer and robe thing on purpose. No hired stylist is gonna smooth-talk her out of it.

Mugs's matron look is deliberate too — she is into fashion and knows what she wants: to look like a stylish born-rich lady from a moneyed family (= understated haute couture, not overstated nouveau-riche).

Plisko fianlly has had enough of minimizing her height and now accentuates it — the right move. Tall girls should flaunt it.

Yes in general the doubles players look better, even Sam Stosur looks decent (if you know how disastrous she always manages to be in such settings in the past, this is indeed an improvement. Even Sabalenka surprised me positively, I had dreaded and expected something terribly tacky. To me only Badosa gave me as disappointing vibe as everyone else claims.

·
Registered
281 Posts
can somebody list the doubles players from left to right, i genuinely have no clue who most of them are when dressed up like this sadly (I figured out the singles players)

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
I actually saw a video clip of BADOSA and she looked amazing there, but in the pictures it's way too much makeup for me. But the difference between picture and video shows how far confidence/comportment go in looking good.

Reactions: M.A.S.L.

·
Stanning for Andi
21,867 Posts
can somebody list the doubles players from left to right, i genuinely have no clue who most of them are when dressed up like this sadly (I figured out the singles players)
Olmos-Fichman
Guarachi-Krawczyk
Melichar-Schuurs
Shibahara-Aoyama

Krejcikova-Siniakova
Mertens-Hsieh
Zhang-Stosur
Jurak-Klepac

·
Registered
15,488 Posts
I dont think they had glam shots in the 90s/00s when Anna made YEC in doubles but she could always pull out a red carpet look. Maria is very hit or miss and never looked great at YEC compared to regular red carpets, I suspect it is cause she always has a stylist for them and often dressed herself for YEC.
She made it in singles too :sobbing:
The self-shade by a fan. :hysteric:

·
Registered
18,197 Posts
I actually saw a video clip of BADOSA and she looked amazing there, but in the pictures it's way too much makeup for me. But the difference between picture and video shows how far confidence/comportment go in looking good.
You have a point. She looks fine sitting. So perhaps the issue with Badosa's posture? If so then she gotta learn how to stand erect and walk and all that fancy shit that comes with dressing like that.

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
You have a point. She looks fine sitting. So perhaps the issue with Badosa's posture? If so then she gotta learn how to stand erect and walk and all that fancy shit that comes with dressing like that.

To me the issue is just that her face doesn't look good with that much makeup. But when I actually see her gestures and the way she carries herself in the video, she looks great. So don't think posture is the problem.

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
KONTAVEIT also looks awful imo, and she's one of the most beautiful in her tennis outfits with no makeup. The only ones who look better to me are KREJČÍKOVÁ and SAKKARI.

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
1. Sakkari: Ultimately the YEC is not the Met Gala and is a sporting event. I like how the dress is showing her magnificent arms and shoulders.

2. Karo: She has the high ground, her biggest advantage.

3. Mug: She has lost the high ground to Karo.

4. Saba: I appreciate her efforts but her athletic physique needs a more special dress.

5. Krej: She also needs a much more special dress, but at least the dress is appropriate for the occasion.

6. Nettu: Everyone who follows her instagram probably knows that she has visited every nightclub in Tallinn. But a club dress is not appropriate here, sorry.

7. PBG: If Nettu is dressing like she's going to the club, then PBG is dressing like she's conducting business in the club.

8. Iga: Is that her PJ or her bathrobe?
Is she a big party girl ? She seems so wholesome to me based on her interviews, but she obviously has the looks to get almost any guy, and I also read on here at some point that she was dating some bad boy rapper.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you think the styling of the WTA women is bad, just consider the ATP men when their YEC official pictures are released. I confidently predict it will show 8 different ways to wear the same simple outfit (two-piece suit, shirt and tie) badly. I would describe it as 'after getting drunk at a wedding reception' styling, no matter how neat they try to be.

The girls are are least wrestling with a variety of styles.

·
Registered
45 Posts
She can dress up. Really if she had ''recycled'' that dress below, It would have been better... View attachment 201189
I hated this look tbh, the dress was matronly, wrinkly and very cheap-looking while the flat ironed hair did not do Iga's fresh and interesting face any justice; anyway, one may wonder what kind of shoes she wore on that day, so I made a little research and here's my revelation, tadaam!:

Hair Joint Shoulder Dress Waist

And RG photoshoot:
Cloud Sky Smile Temple Street fashion

Leg Thigh Automotive tire Knee Font

Apparently Iga is just like my father fashion-wise: why bother to get some new shoes if the old ones are still good and soooo comfy? ❤ ❤ ❤ And are black - so will go with everything! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

81 - 100 of 182 Posts