for Week of Monday, March 22nd, 2021
Week 10: Rankings
for Week of Monday, April 5th, 2021
Week 11: Rankings
for Week of Monday, April 12th, 2021

·
Registered
19,185 Posts
Miranda overtakes the lead in singles race (y)

It's been a long time since this last happened.

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
I have a question regarding the rankings :D
Since AO was taken off, has that mandatory been replaced with the next best result, and will take that spot again as a mandatory once it's over?

Also, what happens with IW, assuming it isn't rescheduled? Do we just have one less mandatory on our rankings until IW is held again?

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So- this year may be a little different.
1.) AO- I removed AO points from the rankings. At the moment, there is a 0 for AO that is being counted in everyone's ranking. It's too difficult, for a week or two, to change equations to pull in the next best only to have AO count in two weeks. I can do some "testing" and see if it even would impact anything but I've made the decision just to still stick with next best 12 tournaments and we'll add AO when it comes up. I could always add another tournament to "next best" but would have to retrack and then take it out in a week or so. It didn't seem even worth it.
2.) We would have one less mandatory and one more "next best result"

Let me know if you have any ideas. This year is creating some challenges/confusion with the equations I've set up so I'm just trying to do what it the clearest/fairest.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
If I switched our rankings at the moment (since deduction of AO pts) to include 22 best tournaments but add another "next best" in the place of AO, the only changes would be the following:
*Harlow would move up to 2, Hingisafrilia down to 3
*Perez would move up to 11, JTM down to 12
*Jugic Salkic Dzumhur up to 16, Carebear down to 17
*Zabokrecina up to 23, Park down to 24
*Jones, Benedetti, Anwar, Vikstrom would all move up one spot as Keddison would fall down
*Krajicek up to 37, Tomic down to 38, Taliamonosoko down to 39
*Cho up to 48, Falcon down to 49

This would just reset after the Australian Open as those points in 2021 will remove the additional "next best"

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nevermind- I realized since I have some updates mid-week from Melbourne; these would not be correct above. let me spend some time double checking our formulas and I'll have updated rankings next week!

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
You don't need to go over the trouble for AO 😂 I was just wondering :D
If you need any help with excel let me know, I have no idea what formulas you use for your sheets, but there is actually a pretty easy way in which you sum fixed cells for mandatories and top xx for the rest :D

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
If I switched our rankings at the moment (since deduction of AO pts) to include 22 best tournaments but add another "next best" in the place of AO, the only changes would be the following:
*Harlow would move up to 2, Hingisafrilia down to 3
*Perez would move up to 11, JTM down to 12
*Jugic Salkic Dzumhur up to 16, Carebear down to 17
*Zabokrecina up to 23, Park down to 24
*Jones, Benedetti, Anwar, Vikstrom would all move up one spot as Keddison would fall down
*Krajicek up to 38, Tomic down to 38, Taliamonosoko down to 39
*Cho up to 48, Falcon down to 39.

This would just reset after the Australian Open as those points in 2021 will remove the additional "next best"
so people who actually have points as their next best pretty much are the only movers ? :D

Would that be a CHR for Harlow? :eek:

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so people who actually have points as their next best pretty much are the only movers ? :D

Would that be a CHR for Harlow? :eek:
Nah- Harlow was number 2 before. I think last year sometime?

I'll update rankings next week as is (without AO and only 12 extra "next best"). I'll also let you know what would be different if we counted 13 vs. 12 in the week interim.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rankings updated for 2/8 in first post!

@Poltergeist - I checked to see if there were any changes to the rankings if we included a 13th "next best" tournament in lieu of 0 AO pts. It impacted the ranking of one single player in the draw (outside top 20) so we're just going to keep them as is.

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
Rankings updated for 2/8 in first post!

@Poltergeist - I checked to see if there were any changes to the rankings if we included a 13th "next best" tournament in lieu of 0 AO pts. It impacted the ranking of one single player in the draw (outside top 20) so we're just going to keep them as is.
It's a hassle for nothing really :D

It's more important for IW and future mandatories that might not be held, like Beijing probably

Reactions: Nikarock

·
Registered
24,904 Posts
Thanks for the updated rankings @Nikarock 😘

Lost some spots in the doubles race, but closing the gap in the singles race to Campbell, but still a long way to get back to the Top 8 again, at least getting to 8# in the singles race. Looks like Jen and Steven will be seeded in mixed doubles in Paris. 😍

1 - 20 of 32 Posts