Tennis Forum banner

161 - 180 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
I mean I think winning a set in wtt is a strange thing to cry over but still nice to see Sabine play even close to what she's capable of. Who knows maybe this will flip a switch in her mentally and she can make an impact on the tour one last time?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
She played a great set in Charleston against Kenin last year (I believe she even served for it or had a SP) but eventually choked it away and lost the match. However even in that set she wasn't hitting this cleanly or consistently. If she drops down to ITF tournaments and can bring the confidence and game she showed today, she could improve her ranking a great deal.

Then again who even knows what the future tour is going to look like, and again this WTT format doesn't necessarily translate to the tour, but I agree with you that it's nice to see her playing pretty well again. Actually quite close to her best, I would say. Haven't seen her hit that few errors in a VERY long time.

·
Registered
16,035 Posts
Old Venus really it is time. She can't hit the ball consistently anymore

·
Registered
85,861 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Crazy what a bit of confidence can do for a player, lisicki was impressive in doubles just now. Some great shots and touch volleys from her. Rodionova was pretty dreadful tbh and Venus was lackluster in general. Still glad NY seems like they're going to win even without Kim.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Lisicki looked terrible against Puig, hitting all balls outside the court. How did Vee lose to her?

·
Registered
11,949 Posts
I mean I think winning a set in wtt is a strange thing to cry over but still nice to see Sabine play even close to what she's capable of. Who knows maybe this will flip a switch in her mentally and she can make an impact on the tour one last time?

I hope so. We need some more exciting players back on tour. Lisicki may get emotional often, but she wins over crowds for a reason.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Venus beat Sloane so she’s doing ok still.
Sloane should’ve closed that set out when up 4-3 40-30 and played better overall (her serve is still a liability sometimes). Venus did play better against Sloane than she has the rest of the entire tournament though but went back to losing listlessly today. But none of the results of WTT mean anything really when applied to the tour - the format is just too different from the tour.

·
Registered
85,861 Posts

·
Registered
85,861 Posts

·
Registered
85,861 Posts
Reactions: Kurmay3Katti

·
Registered
328 Posts
She finally starts to play well and Sabine gets booted off the team lol poor girl

·
Registered
31,385 Posts
Financial considerations? What's at stake here? Appearance fees?

Bouchard's little brother showed up yesterday. Collins was booted from the WTT for exiting West Virginia but a players' guest arriving midway through the tournament isn't much better. I really wonder how they'll control all the players and their guests in New York. Most of them haven't been told "no" in many years ...

161 - 180 of 216 Posts