Tokyo 2020 Tennis Women's Doubles Draw

1. (1) B. Krejcikova / K. Siniakova vs Y. Hsieh / C. Hsu
2. G. Olmos / R. Zarazua vs P. Badosa / S. Sorribes Tormo
3. Y. Xu / Z. Yang vs A. Krunic / N. Stojanovic
4. (6) A. Barty / S. Sanders vs N. Hibino / M. Ninomiya

5. (3) K. Bertens / D. Schuurs vs C. Garcia / K. Mladenovic
6. V. Kudermetova / E. Vesnina vs A. Friedsam / L. Siegemund
7. L. Kichenok / N. Kichenok vs S. Mirza / A. Raina
8. (8) N. Melichar / A. Riske vs (alt) S. Errani / J. Paolini D. Jurak / D. Vekic ... 2021-07-25 18:49:04

9. (7) G. Dabrowski / S. Fichman vs L. Pigossi / L. Stefani
10. Ka. Pliskova / M. Vondrousova vs Y. Duan / S. Zheng
11. A. Cornet / F. Ferro vs E. Svitolina / D. Yastremska
12. (4) B. Mattek-Sands / J. Pegula vs M. Linette / A. Rosolska

13. (5) H. Chan / L. Chan vs M. Niculescu / R. Olaru
14. E. Perez / S. Stosur vs J. Ostapenko / A. Sevastova
15. G. Muguruza / C. Suárez Navarro vs E. Mertens / A. Van Uytvanck
16. (2) S. Aoyama / E. Shibahara vs B. Bencic / V. Golubic

Reactions: olivero

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Y. Hsieh / C. Hsu Don't know what to expect here. Otherwise I think I can see good path fot Kat Bar to the semis. So my hope for medail is there.

·
Registered
29,320 Posts
Yes. They avoided (other half of the draw) Siniakova/Krejcikova, Vesnina/Kudermetova, Barty/Sanders, Garcia/Mladenovic

Both seeds in their quarter are beatable. Chans are not in form.
While Mertens seems to play well with whoever, I’m really not feeling her partnership with AVU.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Yes. They avoided (other half of the draw) Siniakova/Krejcikova, Vesnina/Kudermetova, Barty/Sanders, Garcia/Mladenovic

Both seeds in their quarter are beatable. Chans are not in form.
The second seed are literally second best team this year and Mertens is currently doubles world no. 1. But we will see... I don't predict them to go more then R2.

·
Registered
29,320 Posts
The second seed are literally second best team this year and Mertens is currently doubles world no. 1. But we will see... I don't predict them to go more then R2.
Yeah, well, it’s not the same playing with Sabalenka or Hsieh than with AVU.
Also they can lose in every round but I like their draw regardless. Bottom half is the best place to be

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
(3) K. Bertens / D. Schuurs vs C. Garcia / K. Mladenovic is a tough opening round draw.

I am definitely rooting against BMS (sorry) but she looks like she has a nice draw to make the medal rounds. I expect the #1 seeds there too, and watch out for Sevastova/Ostapenko.

·
Registered
9,989 Posts
Tough draw for Barty and Sanders. Shame they landed in same quarter as the top seeds :(

Sent from my SM-A525F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Barty/Sanders are good mates and have been for years. May not play together on the tour but the Sanders leftie serve is going to be brutal with Ash at the net. I hope they show that QF here if it happens. I predicted them for a medal months ago, and still believe they can top the Czechs in a QF.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
What were the odds Monica draws the Chans twice in a row at the Olympics 😢

I didn't actually realise Monica was playing. Chan's are not in top form so might have a chance here.Fingers crossed!

Bottom half looks reasonably promising for the Japanese No.2 seeds lets see if they can take advantage. :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
krunic and olaru should at least make the 1/4 finals and after that hopefully they can go further to make the medal rounds

·
Registered
57,288 Posts
Please SF Krejcikova / Siniakova vs Kudermetova / Vesnina! ;)
And I hope the winner of this will win the Gold medal, and the loser the Bronze medal.

The bottom half is weak ...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts