Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
54,052 Posts
Good luck, Petra! :)

BTW where is Marketa???
Did I miss her name in the 3 tournaments?
I thought she would come back ...

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW where is Marketa???
Did I miss her name in the 3 tournaments?
I thought she would come back ...
I think she didn´t want to risk anything. I saw her sitting on a bench during Czech Club league and she was wearing sport clothes.

·
Registered
54,052 Posts
I think she didn´t want to risk anything. I saw her sitting on a bench during Czech Club league and she was wearing sport clothes.
Ok. Thanks.
Were you there watching?
I see her on Adelaide and Aus Open entry lists.

So many players had to withdraw from Australia already:
Zvonareva, Puig, Azarenka, Lisicki, Petkovic, Clijsters, Golovin. And Bibi is unsure.
It would be a shame if Marketa withdrew too ...

·
Registered
54,052 Posts
At least she won! :)

Here are her words:

“I think I played pretty solid, pretty good, if I’m not counting the first set,” Kvitova said. “But in the end of the first set, I think I find a little bit of me, finally.

“And I just stayed there and [stayed] positive, which makes the difference afterwards, which it was [the] first two, three games in the second set – that was kind of the point when the match turned around.”

Reactions: paulmara

·
Registered
54,052 Posts
Well done, Petra! :)

·
Registered
54,052 Posts
Petra into Brisbane SF! :D

·
Registered
54,052 Posts
Respectful words from both Petra and Keys before their meeting :)

·
Registered
54,052 Posts
A pity that she lost. Keys was simply better and fresher in the end.
Petra looked tired in the last set. Her head was quite red and she looked exhausted.
But no shame to lose to Keys. Also Petra played a very good first set. So many great hard-hitting points ♥

Her words about the match:

"I think we are playing similar games and it was a little bit in waves," Kvitova assessed. "Sometimes I played better, then she played better, then she just kept it until the end, which I think in the end I didn't have the serves I wanted, probably. I was doing pretty well, but the serve really didn't help me in the end, which was probably the biggest difference.

"I know how Madison can play well, and then she just showed it in the end of the second set and in the third as well. I had my chances in the third when I came back to break her serve and I lost in the game, so it was a bit difficult mentally in this case, but she was there mentally as well and she was hitting it pretty well and pretty clear.

"Definitely, I'm going to take a lot of positive things, for sure. I think in the beginning of the year it's a good tournament to have and I played great four matches so I'm pretty satisfied with everything how it went. I'm not injured. That's good as well."

·
Registered
54,052 Posts
Aus Open 2020

hahaha Czech battle in R1 vs Siniakova.

Best of luck, Petra! :)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts