Tennis Forum banner

261 - 271 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Okay. I'm looking through American top tenners, though just from year-end lists:
Austin, Evert, BJK, Jaeger, Shriver, Navratilova, Potter, Garrison, Jordan, Rinaldi.

I don't remember learning of lawsuits of theirs from the 1980s and I couldn't find anything, so I give up!
Alright...Rehe, the Chicago event in 1988, the injury she had in the accident all but ended her career.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I just read a bit about Rehe. There's a November 9, 1988 Chicago Tribune article where she's laughing it off and a comment in the book Hard Courts that she wouldn't disclose details because of the lawsuit. In between, she tripped during a V.S. of Chicago match (post-crash) at the edge of the court, sprained her ankle, and had to stop. Wow. Do you know what became of the suit?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Fun fact from another article: Rehe's dad was a vet from Germany. That could have been a factor in Rehe dating Michael Graf- maybe she knew some German/had some insight into German culture that clicked with Michael.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How many gals beat both the top seeds to win a Grand Slam in the open era?
So far - I can think of these
Richey French Open 68 (Beat King 1 and Jones 2
Wade US Open 68 (Jones 2 and King 1)
Jones Wimbledon 69 (Court 1 and King 2)
Goolagong Wimbledon 71 (King 2 and Court 1)
Austin US Open 79 (Navratilova 2 and Evert 1)
Mandlikova US Open 85 (Evert 1 and Navratilova 2)

·
Registered
469 Posts
1999 was a good year for this: Steffi Graf at Roland Garros (d. #1 Hingis, #2 Davenport, #3 Seles) and Serena Williams at the US Open (d. #1 Hingis, #2 Davenport, and- hey- #4 Seles).

261 - 271 of 271 Posts