Russian Cup 3rd stage Ladies SP
1 Daria Usacheva 78.41
2 Anna Shcherbakova 77.47
3 Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 77.36

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I’m so proud of Mariah. She’s finally a Grand Prix champion 🥺

Russia did Liza dirty. She definitely should’ve been first after the short.

·
Registered
15,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #566
Russian Cup 4th stage Ladies FINAL
G Alexandra Trusova 248.63
S Alena Kostornaia 226.31
B Maiia Khromykh 212.72

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Did anyone else see Plushenko abandon Konstantinova during her short program? She made a mistake on her combination and he took off.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
The judges really helped Alena in the short. She stepped out of her combo and botched her layback and still got positive GOE for both...

·
Registered
981 Posts
I think its wrong that 12/13 year olds, who are to young for seniors can still do nationals. In tennis we have age rules and that is a good thing but here everybody is ignore the age rules. 12 year olds can do nationals and we see them all the time. Its better to wait till the kids are older and have their puberty behind them before they are burnout at 16. Too young too soon. A 12 year old can jump so easily. But can they do the same when they are 17/18? That men from the tweet who is commentator said that those 2 Russian girls are superior on everything. I think this is way to much pressure for this little kids. I always hate to see so much pressure on prodigy s in all kind of sports.

·
Blighted and solo
43,975 Posts
I think its wrong that 12/13 year olds, who are to young for seniors can still do nationals. In tennis we have age rules and that is a good thing but here everybody is ignore the age rules. 12 year olds can do nationals and we see them all the time. Its better to wait till the kids are older and have their puberty behind them before they are burnout at 16. Too young too soon. A 12 year old can jump so easily. But can they do the same when they are 17/18? That men from the tweet who is commentator said that those 2 Russian girls are superior on everything. I think this is way to much pressure for this little kids. I always hate to see so much pressure on prodigy s in all kind of sports.
12/13 year olds aren't allowed to skate at Russian Senior Nationals anymore (not sure if you were referring to Russia as your post is somewhat confusing regarding this issue). Even in the US where they are allowed to (at least as of last season), it's not like it was common for them to win. I think once the age rules were upped for good in the late 90s/early 00s, only Nagasu and Liu have won Nationals being age ineligible to compete senior. It was far more common in Russia, though, which is what prompted them to change the rule I believe.

I just came here to write that I am so happy to see Alyona back with a new long program. Her basic skating just takes my breath away. And even though it appears as though Shae Lynn has really dropped the ball this season when it comes to choreography, Kostornaia has the ability to skate to the phone book and look good IMO. Even with her far from being in peak condition and with the program as empty as it is, I still enjoyed her skate immensely! She just floats. Her skating skills are basically unmatched by any other lady in the world today.

I don't love Trusova nor did I ever hate and bash her like some in the community did. And she is in my good graces skating to one of my all-time favorite pieces of music--Dance of the Knights from Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet :love:. Speaking of R&J, my surprise of the season has been Dasha Usachyova. She has incredible qualities as a skater also, right behind Kostornaia AFAIAC. She is even more expressive than Alyona actually. It remains to be seen if she will ever truly conquer her nerves and consistently deliver clean programs, but I have my eye closely on her. LOVE.

·
Registered
15,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #575
Ladies SP
1 Alena Kostornaia 78.84
2 Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 74.70
3 Alexandra Trusova 70.81

·
Registered
15,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #577
Ladies FINAL
G Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 223.39
S Alena Kostornaia 220.78
B Anastasiia Guliakova 199.03
4 Alexandra Trusova 198.93

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I’m so thrilled for Liza!

Btw, I just saw that Kasatkina congratulated Tuktamysheva on her Instagram. That’s the second Russian tennis/figure skating interaction I’ve noticed after Adelina Sotnikova and Anastasia Pivovarova.

·
Registered
15,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #580
NHK Trophy Ladies SP
1 Kaori Sakamoto 75.60
2 Wakaba Higuchi 69.71
3 Mako Yamashita 67.56

561 - 580 of 584 Posts