Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
14,704 Posts
They're all quite classy!

The double players are all superb. Beautiful dresses! :yeah:
Agreed.

One could be a negative Nancy asswipe and get picky (I'm sure enough TFers will) but my overall impression is that they collectively looked elegant. More elegant than in the past WTA lineups which always tended to give this overarching "look how tacky athletes appear when they are told to glam up" vibe. But here the Shenzhen girls gave me this rather surprising fine, classy and graceful "we are not models but we know how to dress and put on makeup and hair that properly matches the outfit" vibe. They also appear to be cohesive with each other and even color-coordinated: Halep and Pliskova's blue-black mesh, Barty-Pliskova's black and white, Svitolina's pants with Andreescu's Chinese dress,... etc.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
As for the wta finals portait, Karo looks the best, Belinda nicely too, but this outfit is too conservative for me. Others didn't make the right choices.

·
Registered
15,356 Posts
For the double players, special mentions to Siniakova and Mladenovic from me... they simply look somptuous.
yes she(kiki) killed it. Time Babos is also very beautiful. The paire is stunning.:x

·
Registered
81,436 Posts

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Love the Chans, Bencic's, Osaka's, Kvitova's and Andreescu's looks.

Bencic's is probably one of the best outfits in recent years in terms of WTA Finals photoshoots.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Overall a lack of cohesion in the fashion choices when the singles players stand next to each other.

Belinda's outfit looks the most classy.

I like Ash's outfit. Karolina looks okay.

Naomi is a bit overdressed in a formal gown, Elina ready to hit the nightclubs with Gael.

Not a a fan of Petra's ruffles or Simona's hemline.

Does Bianca know the significance of gold outfits in Chinese culture?

·
Registered
30,709 Posts
Lack of cohesion is indeed the theme of the night. Most of the doubles players are wearing long evening dresses for the second year in a row.

You would never guess Svitolina and Mladenovic are going to the same event. :lol:

They all look great in their own way, though.

·
Registered
30,799 Posts
Best Dressed: Belinda, that dress, the whole look, really pops. :yeah:

Worst: Simona, the asymmetrical blue-on-black is like a tacky cast-off from the late 60s

81 - 100 of 140 Posts