Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
29,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
US Open Draw Ceremony

The US Open Draw Ceremony, which determines the match-ups and order of play for the main draw of the US Open, will take place on Thursday, 12 noon, at the Fan Week Center Stage.

The ceremony will feature top ESPN talent and analysts (edit: I guess Alex STEVENSON will be there :hysteric: ) discussing all of the tournament’s potential highlights, and potential pitfalls.

Don't miss special appearances by the defending champions Novak Djokovic and Naomi Osaka!

================================================

what are you guys hoping for from this draw ceremony :unsure:

obviously I am hoping for favorable draws for all the Chinese ladies, especially SAISAI who is on the mend after being forced to withdraw from Bronx and as one of the top ranked UNSEEDED, deserves a good draw :angel:

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Re: Countdown to 2019 USO GS 2000 Main Draw Ceremony: Thursday 8/22 Noon Local Time

They should arrange it nicely, I want a quality draw like we had in Cincy. Not this scub-offs as Vee would say. And no pigeon matches as well. Imagine poor Donna meeting Sevastova in R3, she will cry for real this time. Hopefully Osaka will get a chance to play, and won't draw Poots.

Stolen from MTF

·
Registered
29,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Countdown to 2019 USO GS 2000 Main Draw Ceremony: Thursday 8/22 Noon Local Time

Anybody know if the Draw is shown on Facebook sites? or else where?
it should be, but they won't post link or anything until tomorrow

in the USA, it will probably also be on ESPN with Alex Stevenson breaking down the draw :eek:h:

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts

Worst Case Scenario for Naomi Osaka would be drawing Poots as been mentioned as well as Su-Wei Hsieh (R3) and Keys in the R16 with Serena looming in the QF's.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

Alexa, stream the 2019 USO live draw ceremony.

·
La nuit je mens
86,894 Posts

Gauff vs Sharapova and Serena vs Venus please.

·
Registered
8,478 Posts

Hopefully Saisai gets some of those walking-Bye's draws like Ostapenko, Bouchard, Azarenka.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts

I'm confused by the "GS 2000" in the title...
I know GSs give 2000 as max pts to the winner, but it's misleading. We're not in the 2000s but in 2019 :p

Anyway, I'm anxious

·
Registered
12,299 Posts

I have this feeling that Serena will draw either Gauff/Venus/Sharapova/Azarenka R1 :eek:h:

And seeing Osaka's luck with GS draws and with familiar opponents she'll probably get Hsieh/Putintseva/Keys in her quarter.

·
Registered
8,478 Posts

I know GSs give 2000 as max pts to the winner, but it's misleading. We're not in the 2000s but in 2019 :p
volunteer for a self-ban of one week.

·
Registered
22,744 Posts

Anyway, I'm anxious

that's just the OPs usual BS on a daily basis, of course everyone knows the slams award 2000 points max.
try to ignore it like white noise, it works.

·
Premium Member
5,083 Posts

I have this feeling that Serena will draw either Gauff/Venus/Sharapova/Azarenka R1 :eek:h:

And seeing Osaka's luck with GS draws and with familiar opponents she'll probably get Hsieh/Putintseva/Keys in her quarter.
Opposite, another cakewalk incoming for Serena as usual so a qualifier or a WC in R1 and then the seeds in her quarter will fall like flies before they have a chance to meet :eek:

·
Registered
471 Posts

Gauff is going to be an interesting draw. I reckon no-one will want to draw her. Especially a big player, imagine the hype.

·
Registered
297 Posts

Gauff is going to be an interesting draw. I reckon no-one will want to draw her. Especially a big player, imagine the hype.
I don't know why Gauff is such a big thing now...she made nice run in a slam and all of a sudden, she's the next big thing...has she made any other big run???...NO!...overhyped....

·
Registered
33 Posts

If Gauff gets an easy pass just for the ratings I might actually believe the draws are rigged.

·
Registered
10,827 Posts

The Diyas easy win over Gauff stopped the excitement for a bit, down to Cori to create the buzz again with another run

I prefer calling her Cori, we already have another Coco on tour

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

Just a couple more hours and we'll have plenty to talk about and debate until Monday.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts

Exciting times, love the US Open and the conclusion to the grand slam season.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

Opposite, another cakewalk incoming for Serena as usual so a qualifier or a WC in R1 and then the seeds in her quarter will fall like flies before they have a chance to meet :eek:
I am constantly disappointed in seeing this stuff... With so many other good players making finals going through a battlefield, it would be nice to see Serena have to do this from time to time also...

1 - 20 of 102 Posts