Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, this has started in Japan, in case anyone/everyone forgot :lol:

The All Blacks started off with a great performance against South Africa... one of the pre-tournament favourites. The All Blacks had a very entertaining Haka, as usual. It looked like the Springboks might mount a comeback when they started the 2nd half with a power try up the middle, but it came up short.

The Wallabies came from 9 points behind to beat a very game Fiji side... a nation that is definitely better in the sevens.

I will of course be pulling for my Canadian side...

even though they might not even win a game :sobbing:

Anyone else watching?

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
My country's team will start against Italy tomorrow. We are the whipping boys of rugby, in a horrible group where world record tries and conversions will be scored against us.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My country's team will start against Italy tomorrow. We are the whipping boys of rugby, in a horrible group where world record tries and conversions will be scored against us.
We're in the same group... it will be a battle for the bottom.

:lol:

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
I wonder where all these spectators watching Namibia vs Italy came from. Hopefully we hold on for a while before the barrage of tries. Let's go boys!

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a little sad that the best player for England during their destruction of the Tongans, was a Samoan that they basically blackmailed to play for them :eek:h:

·
Registered
12,708 Posts
As an American I'm super impressed by the athleticism and skill of every player on the field (pitch?). Much more fun to watch than American football which it resembles in some superficial ways.

Oh and a lot of hot men :eek:h:

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Win in the first match against the Scots who kindly forgot to turn up.:SNE:

Cautiously optimistic can get through the group now though Japan will obviously be fired up at home and Samoa are a very physical side.

If get through all that have the joy of facing South Africa in the QF.:scared:

Been an enjoyable World Cup so far I thought with plenty of enthusiasm.:cheer: :cheer:

And not all the matches have been ridiculously early from the European audience point of view. Though as a tennis and ex Formula One fan operating on Japanese time is not exactly a new experience for me anyway.:lol:

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, we got slaughtered by the Italians...

and it's only going to get MUCH worse.

:sobbing:

·
Registered
890 Posts
before the tournament began I predicted New Zealand would beat South Africa in the groups but South Africa would beat New Zealand in the final, just a feeling.

My quarter prediction is

England v Australia
New Zealand v Scotland
Wales v France
Ireland v South Africa

Semi finals

England v New Zealand
Wales v South Africa

Could not believe Uruguay beat Fiji.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Big Win for Japan!

Good for the Home Nation.:cheer:

And the Group has suddenly got more interesting.:lol: Ireland have no room for messing about now - absolutely need Big Performances against Russia and Samoa.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wouldn't be surprised if the 'Boks post a 100 against us...

this is easily the worst Canadian side we've ever fielded in the World Cup, we really don't deserve to be in this thing.

:tears:

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Great win for Japan. Great for the tournament but poor Ireland. Total favs like 9 months ago and now :eek:

Hoping Wales can beat Australia now.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Great match between Wales and Australia. Surely match of the tournament so far. Now wondering if Wales could go all the way.:eek:

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great win for Japan. Great for the tournament but poor Ireland. Total favs like 9 months ago and now :eek:

Hoping Wales can beat Australia now.
Your hope came true!

Great match as well.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
WOW. Did not expect that from Wales. Great job guys.

Couldn't watch the last 10 minutes.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ever since New Zealand molly-whopped Canaduh 63-0 the other day, I have been in mourning for our once-proud Rugby nation...

:tears:

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Yeah Canada have been rather crap lol

Hoping Wales can keep it up vs fiji tomorrow. On paper we should win, and win comfortably but that's the beauty of sport.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts