T.Babos / M.Fucsovics vs (wc) M.Arcangioli / T.Lamasine
R.Olaru / F.Skugor vs K.Peschke / W.Koolhof
K.Christian / F.Nielsen vs (2) G.Dabrowski / M.Pavic

Attachments

·
Registered
10,330 Posts
This draw.... :lol: :help:

I remember when there were some really good teams and great players in the mixed, but this is a lot of bad WCs and scrubs. It's a shame Melichar/Soares play against Hradecka/Bopanna in the first round because that's two of the... 8 or so best teams in the draw.

·
Premium Member
64,846 Posts
I feel like it could be time for ALG's third strike.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Of course Buzarnescu is the only credible singles player to make an appearance (French ladies don't count).

I thought we may start seeing some more same country combos as Tokyo prep. Hozumi and McLachlan maybe are targeting that, Babos/Fucsovics too.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts

I remember when there were some really good teams and great players in the mixed, but this is a lot of bad WCs and scrubs. It's a shame Melichar/Soares play against Hradecka/Bopanna in the first round because that's two of the... 8 or so best teams in the draw.
The Hsieh siblings maybe waiting for Wimby?! :secret:

·
Registered
16,401 Posts

·
Stanning for Andi
21,258 Posts
Such a bleh draw. Even the top doubles players don't really care about mixed doubles at most of the Grand Slams anymore.

·
Registered
10,330 Posts
The Hsieh siblings maybe waiting for Wimby?! :secret:
Well everything after this French Open starts to count for the Olympics. ;) I'm thinking they might team up for that so they'll probably get some matchplay in before then, but at the moment Su-wei is doing so well in singles (and even most weeks in doubles with Barbie) so playing mixed as well might be a tall order.

·
Registered
32,510 Posts

It's a bit of a joke that the winners get to call themselves Grand Slam champions. :spit: Eight wild cards, no singles stars and very few big doubles names.

Mixed doubles is fun when there's a cute team with great chemistry like Watson/Kontinen but it has become a forgettable affair in recent years.

·
Registered
16,401 Posts
Well everything after this French Open starts to count for the Olympics. ;) I'm thinking they might team up for that so they'll probably get some matchplay in before then, but at the moment Su-wei is doing so well in singles (and even most weeks in doubles with Barbie) so playing mixed as well might be a tall order.
Hsieh Su-Wei is not qualified to play Olympics, so no need to play Mixed.

·
Registered
55,026 Posts
It's a bit of a joke that the winners get to call themselves Grand Slam champions
Carly Gullikson, Melanie Oudin, Laura Siegemund, Jarmila Gajdosova or Iveta Benesova have won Grand Slams in mixed in the last decade so...

·
Registered
16,401 Posts
Cheng-Peng Hsieh is doing really well on the Challenger tour last few years and seems to be a very big likeable/humorous character.

Would love to see them play together.
Thanks to Frank, who is taking care of his sister and all the errands that he use to support at.

You think playing Wimbledon mixed with her brother would be worthless and nothing special? How can you be so cold?
It's not about cold or warm. It's about not tiring Hsieh SW out. The logic choice.

If she is the main source income for the family, what's the point of making her play 3 disciplines when she is doing well in the singles campaign? Winning the mixed warrants you how much of what singles can produce?

Don't need to check Wimbledon. Look at the freaking field of Roland Garros. They would have already made the list had they wanted to play. Their combined rankings are higher than Kichenok/Gonzalez. They made the wise choice by not playing!

I am sure at a certain point they will play mixed together, but not for the Olympics team of TPE cause Hsieh Su-Wei will not qualify due to her complicated issues with the TPE associations plus her refusal in participating any TPE national games (including Fed Cup). She was at Rio Olympics in 2016 and ended up not playing, don't think the OC will open any doors for her.

·
Registered
12,549 Posts
Thanks to Frank, who is taking care of his sister and all the errands that he use to support at.

It's not about cold or warm. It's about not tiring Hsieh SW out. The logic choice.

If she is the main source income for the family, what's the point of making her play 3 disciplines when she is doing well in the singles campaign? Winning the mixed warrants you how much of what singles can produce?

Don't need to check Wimbledon. Look at the freaking field of Roland Garros. They would have already made the list had they wanted to play. Their combined rankings are higher than Kichenok/Gonzalez. They made the wise choice by not playing!

I am sure at a certain point they will play mixed together, but not for the Olympics team of TPE cause Hsieh Su-Wei will not qualify due to her complicated issues with the TPE associations plus her refusal in participating any TPE national games (including Fed Cup). She was at Rio Olympics in 2016 and ended up not playing, don't think the OC will open any doors for her.
Thanks to Frank?

·
Registered
16,401 Posts
Thanks to Frank?
The French boyfriend, her errands manager and traveling coach who barely knows anything about tennis.

The blonde guy you see on court that's with her who is called to the court :eek:h:

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
Good luck :)

A-L.Grönefeld / R.Farah
S.Zhang / J.Peers
G.Voskoboeva / M.Venus
D.Jurak / A.Krajicek
M.Buzarnescu / D.Inglot
A.Klepac / E.Roger-Vasselin
K.Peschke / W.Koolhof

·
Registered
53,658 Posts
:eek: Kata not playing this

she reached SF last year and won the title a few times.
I think her end is near :awww:

·
Registered
55,026 Posts
:eek: Kata not playing this

she reached SF last year and won the title a few times.
I think her end is near :awww:
Atawo will partner L.Kichenok after RG too.

Kata is listed in Nottingham with Jurak

1 - 20 of 29 Posts