Tennis Forum banner

681 - 700 of 810 Posts

·
Registered
17,947 Posts
I don't love Angie in flouncy silhouettes. She's so fit, and I do think she looks best in figure-hugging attire. Her black dress with the harness buckles from last year wasn't just one of her best looks, but I think probably the best in the tour from the last couple of years.

(I cant find a good photo of it on the internet.)

Anyhow, I just don't think I'm going to enjoy this billowy Nike remix .

·
Registered
17,947 Posts
That dress looks like something i'd sleep in tbh. Not awful and will probably look better in motion but not exactly special for a slam.
I'm a fan of Adidas because the girls usually look like athletes in flattering, stylish clothes. They'd done a great job of that ALL SEASON, as far as I'm concerned. But seeing these outfits on Garbiñe and Angie, I don't see athlete in them. I'll wait until the Open to see how these move around the court, but gosh, from these photos, I don't like.

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
Does anyone know how Belinda Bencic seems to have her own Nike outfits? Like what we're seeing today against Svitolina, who is the more accomplished player?

·
Premium Member
27,185 Posts
Does anyone know how Belinda Bencic seems to have her own Nike outfits? Like what we're seeing today against Svitolina, who is the more accomplished player?
It’s the Maria Sharapova collection...white version of her RG dress that Potopova and Tomljanovic are wearing also.

·
Registered
17,947 Posts
Just read the Adidas press release for this, and it sounds like Kiki M has been elevated as one of the brand's top girls alongside Garbine, Angie, and Caro. I'm assuming this is in light of her doubles success. But according to the release, she'll be wearing the same dress that we've seen on Garb. I think only these four will be wearing a skirt or dress; the release made a point to call out that the "other female athletes" will be wearing shorts.

·
Registered
931 Posts
shorts :facepalm:

That's a recent change then, her mum is a fashion designer, and CG said that she designed all her stuff back in 2014. Last I heard they were going to launch a clothing line together.
i think someone said she stole them as design, so not sure about this..

:

I think her mother copied Denise Cronwall, who by the way mentions sponsoring Giorgi on her website https://www.denisecronwall.com/pages/about-us
Denise Cronwall created the fitted-then-flare tennis skirt, although they've moved on from it recently i think. My guess is that Giorgi's family copied the cut and changed the colors.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Just read the Adidas press release for this, and it sounds like Kiki M has been elevated as one of the brand's top girls alongside Garbine, Angie, and Caro. I'm assuming this is in light of her doubles success. But according to the release, she'll be wearing the same dress that we've seen on Garb. I think only these four will be wearing a skirt or dress; the release made a point to call out that the "other female athletes" will be wearing shorts.
Doesn't Kiki usually wear what Mugu wears anyway?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Doesn't Kiki usually wear what Mugu wears anyway?
She was no. 1 model for the non-Stella dress since 2016, these legs are worth some slams. Mug always had the Stella dress.

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
Sharapova having two dresses :spit: Like she'll use both.

Reactions: Représailles

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Forbes: "Sloane's Nike pact, which began last year, is one of the biggest in the sport. She showcased a tennis shoe based on the “Aqua” colorway of Nike’s retro Air Jordan VIII this summer."

Nike:

:lol:

Nothing again Sloane at all but she just doesn't have the results to back up big money. I know , I know.. marketing, image, etc. but I can't help but think in many matches she doesn't even look like she wants to be out there, which is not ideal attitude for a brand ambassador.

That being said.. Kudos to her team for wrangling that deal :p

Back on topic .. Does Fila have an outfit for USO?

681 - 700 of 810 Posts