Tennis Forum banner

221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
Such a dissapointing FED Cup for Slovenia - Juvan really isn't playing well at moment at all - of course I didn't expect her to will all her matches but she really was supposed to win at least against Grammatikopoulou. One would think placing Potocnik in that line-up would be better. Dalila actually played well (at least against Konta) but choking in all of her matches as always. :lol:

Funny thing is I'm not even sure Slovenia can beat Georgia in relegation playoff today. :scared: Imagine nation with 3 TOP 100 players being in Europe-Africa zone II next year. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
Such a dissapointing FED Cup for Slovenia - Juvan really isn't playing well at moment at all - of course I didn't expect her to will all her matches but she really was supposed to win at least against Grammatikopoulou. One would think placing Potocnik in that line-up would be better. Dalila actually played well (at least against Konta) but choking in all of her matches as always. :lol:

Funny thing is I'm not even sure Slovenia can beat Georgia in relegation playoff today. :scared: Imagine nation with 3 TOP 100 players being in Europe-Africa zone II next year. :rolleyes:
Slovenia can't really expect to do well on indoor hardcourts and that is the surface FED CUP has been played the last 10 years. We don't have any capable indoor players - the only one who actually chooses to play on indoor hard is Pislak and she's not here (nor is she really having results to be called in the team).

I expect Juvan to lose against Bolkvadze and Jakupovic to maybe beat Gorgodze who isn't good indoors, but Jakupovic's confidence must be quite low given her disastrous start to the season.

And then doubles, who knows... Both Juvan and Jakupovic are terrible at net, maybe Potocnik should replace one of them.

·
Premium Member
19,209 Posts
Zidansek skipping Fed Cup to get humiliated by Samsonova in Doha :lol: I really hope Dalila & Juvan figure it out.

OTOH Why is Denmark purposefully trying to get relegated by benching Tauson??? :lol: Their captain never made any sense to me.

Great Britain vs Serbia will be quite a match today, can't wait.

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #231

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #232

Yes, it was a disappointing Fed Cup for Slovenia !
Juvan is young and must still improve a lot. But she is talented.
Thank God Slovenia survived and beat Georgia 2-0 in the relegation play-off :)

Slovenia can't really expect to do well on indoor hardcourts and that is the surface FED CUP has been played the last 10 years. We don't have any capable indoor players - the only one who actually chooses to play on indoor hard is Pislak and she's not here (nor is she really having results to be called in the team).

I expect Juvan to lose against Bolkvadze and Jakupovic to maybe beat Gorgodze who isn't good indoors, but Jakupovic's confidence must be quite low given her disastrous start to the season.

And then doubles, who knows... Both Juvan and Jakupovic are terrible at net, maybe Potocnik should replace one of them.
I hope that Slovenia will play with all their best players next year !
Zidansek, Hercog, Klepac and Srebotnik were missing :eek:

Zidansek skipping Fed Cup to get humiliated by Samsonova in Doha :lol: I really hope Dalila & Juvan figure it out.
Yes, so funny that Zidansek skipped Fed Cup only to flop in Q1 at Doha :tape:

221 - 232 of 232 Posts