52,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
52,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Format

Event A - Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Estonia, Bulgaria, Denmark, Sweden

Event B - Great Britain, Serbia, Croatia, Hungary, Turkey, Greece, Georgia, Slovenia

Round-robin basis.

Seven teams will compete in Zielona Gora on 6-9 February 2019, across one Pool of 4 teams and one Pool of 3 teams (Pools A & B). The winners of each pool will play-off to determine which nation from Zielona Gora will advance to the World Group II play-offs.

Eight other teams will compete in Bath, Great Britain on 6-9 February 2019, across two teams of 4 Pools (Pools A & B). The winners of each pool will play-off to determine which nation from Bath will advance to the World Group II play-offs.

Two promoted (one from each of Event A & B)
Two relegated (one from each of Event A & B)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hello.

I'm interested in attending the event in Zielona Gora. I see you have listed a website for tickets sale. As long as I visited the website it doesn't look like selling tickets right now. Are they sold out and thus removed from the website? Or not on sale yet? I ask since I found a good price of air tickets for Black Friday. Thank you about your replies.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Hello.

I'm interested in attending the event in Zielona Gora. I see you have listed a website for tickets sale. As long as I visited the website it doesn't look like selling tickets right now. Are they sold out and thus removed from the website? Or not on sale yet? I ask since I found a good price of air tickets for Black Friday. Thank you about your replies.
Too early. Tickets are not for sale yet.
And I remember that the cheapest tickets were (PL vs Switzerland at 2014 FedCup) for around 20$.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Golan, thanks for clarification :)

I'm following the website abilet.pl regularly for some ticket updates but according to the source at Fed Cup site ticket price would be 5/10/20 PLN while in the website the package (which is the only ticket option available right now) is priced 100 PLN and the day tickets are said to be 35 PLN.

I would like to ask about the following text at abilet.pl in the event description:

Sprzedaż biletów rozpocznie się po 15 stycznia 2019r.

As far as I understand the ticket sale starts at 15 January 2019. I would need two day tickets for Thursday and Friday only (which cost 35 PLN per day) so makes no sense bying a package. DO you have an idea whether day tickets will be available for online sale after 15-th January? And the last questions - do you expect the tickets to get sold out or I have to buy them as soon as possible ? Thanks in advance about your replies.

·
Registered
76,325 Posts
Some other teams have also been announced:

Georgia: Ekaterine Gorgodze, Sofia Shapatava, Mariam Bolkvadze, Oksana Kalashnikova
Greece: Maria Sakkari, Valentini Grammatikopoulou, Despina Papamichail, Anna Arkadianou
Turkey: Basak Eraydin, Pemra Ozgen, Cagla Buyukakcay, Ayla Aksu, Ipek Soylu

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Danish Team: Caroline Wozniacki, Clara Tauson, Karen Barritza, Emilie Francati og Maria Jespersen.
The press release suggests that Wozniacki's participation is doubtful (the way I read it).

·
Registered
52,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
180,572 Posts
Btw, What is the Rules about play in Olympics game, does ex. Caroline need to play or if she travel to Poland and be in the team but not playing, can she and others so play in the O games in Japan in 2020, if they also play in Fed Cup next year? or what does the Rules say? , as we speak about in a Danish FB Group...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I believe she needs to make herself available for nomination (at least that is what it used to be like). That would be fitting the ambigiouty of her commitment, non playing but make it count.

1 - 20 of 232 Posts