Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thread for all baseball talk (not fair to stain Gaspa's chat thread with baseball crap :lol:)

Spring training well under way in Florida and Arizona.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
2019 world series : Nationals 2-0 Ashtrays. Almost there. :eek:
People were talking which bigger team Strasburg's going to join next even when he was just picked and it would be great if he finally got a ring as a one team guy (so far).

·
Registered
46,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should have told me, Phil and Heath about it.

Have you been keeping up with the Astros cheating scandal?
Oh, yeah. The videos and evidence coming out has been fascinating. I hope it doesn't get swept under the rug, and I don't think it will. I hope the Astros get massive penalties. I'm just not into cheating at all, and though everyone steals signs, you can't use technology to do it like they did.

·
Premium Member
13,971 Posts
Oh, yeah. The videos and evidence coming out has been fascinating. I hope it doesn't get swept under the rug, and I don't think it will. I hope the Astros get massive penalties. I'm just not into cheating at all, and though everyone steals signs, you can't use technology to do it like they did.
Managers and GMs need to be given some pretty hefty bans if this is proven (which, given the video evidence Jomboy & co have come up with already, it's hard to see how it won't be). I heard Buck Showalter say that MLB need to do something that hits them in the win column next year. I'd go along with that. Something like starting them off with 15 losses on their record, pretty much ensuring they can't make the playoffs and showing an obviously skewed W/L column for the whole season. Every time they look at the standings that year they'll be reminded of their shame.

Full marks to the joker who edited the Wikipedia entry for the 2017 World Series MVP :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts