Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to bring some life back to this forum!!!

Not going to see the team rankings until January, but after seeing the singles ranking, I'd have to say that North Carolina with 4 players in the top 12 will be ranked in the Top 3, if not #1, although the first few rankings they'll probably give Stanford the top spot, based on winning the NCAA's last year.

Stanford gave up a lot of their star players that won 3 of 4 NCAA titles, so I don't see them as a favorite this year, but you can never count them out.

·
Registered
24,928 Posts
Very glad to have a thread for discussion this year!! UNC always seems to have the strength in their line-up but can never quite cross the finish line. Is this finally the year?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very glad to have a thread for discussion this year!! UNC always seems to have the strength in their line-up but can never quite cross the finish line. Is this finally the year?
I don't think there's any other team besides UNC that's been ranked in top 4 over the past 10 years.
Part of that I think is that they play more matches, roughly 5 to 10 matches, and that translates to more points and higher rankings.

Perhaps by May, they could be a little bit worn out, and that might suggest why they always seem to come a little bit short at the NCAA's.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
You're all still here? Good to know there's still SOME life on here.

Would anybody be interested in moving this to a FB group?

Go UCLA btw! It's going to come down to UCLA, UNC, or Duke this season. UNC will be the heavy favorite.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're all still here? Good to know there's still SOME life on here.

Would anybody be interested in moving this to a FB group?

Go UCLA btw! It's going to come down to UCLA, UNC, or Duke this season. UNC will be the heavy favorite.
I had a hunch that you would show up, after your Bruins crushed my Cards, twice already, and so early in the year.
As long as I've been following the Cards (since 1990?), I don't recall them losing to any team, twice in a year, let alone being so lopsided. Losing 2 key Seniors this year, who were instrumental in winning 3 of the last 4 championships has drained their talent, in the Top 3 courts.

As good as UCLA is this year, I don't think anybody is going to beat UNC, as they should go undefeated. UNC should have won it last year, but the Cards, put up a good fight, as always, when it counts. Talent wise, UNC is pretty deep and very strong in the Top 3 courts.

Since most don't check here regularly, do add a FB group and send us a link.

BTW, what happened to Taylor Johnson? I like her serves and solid forehand, while she was a junior, but haven't seen her play at UCLA, except to see her mediocre record at #5, so I was a bit surprised. Actually, she made a smart move going to UCLA, as I'm sure her friend, Kayla Day now wishes that she didn't turn pro...

·
Registered
55,531 Posts
I saw this ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts