Tennis Forum banner

501 - 516 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
25,475 Posts
Eteri's legacy really isn't going to be all that great when all is said and done. So many injuries and careers cut short.

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
I kinda wanna get a list for whom has succesfully executed the 3A and the quads in competition, just out of statistical nerd reasons haha.

3A - 1. Midori Ito - 2. Tonya Harding - 3. Liudmila Nelidina - 4. Yukari Nakano - 5. Mao Asada - 6. Elizaveta Tukthamysheva - 7. Mirai Nagasu - 8. Rika Kihira - 9. Alysa Liu - 10. Young You - 11. Alena Kostornaia. (Some domestic performers include Kimmie Meissner, Ayaka Hosoda, Mana Kawabe and probably a few more.)
4S - 1. Miki Ando - 2. Alexandra Trusova - 3. Elizabet Tursynbaeva
4T - 1. Alexandra Trusova - 2. Kamila Valieva
4F - 1. Alexandra Trusova - 2. Anna Shcherbakova
4Lz - 1. Alexandra Trusova - 2. Anna Shcherbakova - 3. Alysa Liu
4Lo - X.

I am probably a bit off on the quads because I simply don't remember who else of the juniors has accomplished what so please help out!

·
Registered
12,803 Posts
I don't know much about the mechanics of skating. Can someone explain to me why for some skaters it's easier to do a 4Lz over a 4T. Aren't toeloops the simplest? Thinking of Shcherbakova and Liu who seemed to skip over the easier quads and went straight to training the hardest and rarest quads.

·
Registered
13,152 Posts
I don't know much about the mechanics of skating. Can someone explain to me why for some skaters it's easier to do a 4Lz over a 4T. Aren't toeloops the simplest? Thinking of Shcherbakova and Liu who seemed to skip over the easier quads and went straight to training the hardest and rarest quads.
Because of the BV I think, and I think it's because its easier to "cheat" on a 4Lz rather than a 4T because of the ability to prerotate Lutzes - making it "easier" in a way since they don't have to exactly complete all the revolutions. I may be wrong though.

Edit: Of course there's also the possibility where some skaters have perfect Lutz technique and it makes doing the 4Lz much easier for them.

·
Registered
13,152 Posts
Kaori Sakamoto has tried a 4T in a domestic competition. Deemed a downgrade, but it seems that she is working on that alongside a 3A.

It seems that Wakaba Higuchi will debut her 3A at Worlds.

Rika Kihira has her 3Lz back and will be readding it to her programs at 4CC. Her aim is to perfectly execute the 4S by Worlds.

·
Registered
13,152 Posts
Yuzu was sublime, broke his own SP WR. I thought he deserved 113 tho but it's fine.

Men's SP
1. Yuzuru Hanyu JPN 111.82
2. Boyang Jin CHN 95.83
3. Jason Brown USA 94.71
4. Keegan Messing CAN 94.03
5. Yuma Kagiyama JPN 91.61
6. Junhwan Cha KOR 90.37

The last two groups in general were phenomenal, nearly everyone went clean.

Rika was the highlight of the ladies SP as usual, so glad her Lutz is finally back.

·
Registered
13,152 Posts
Rika Kihira defends her 4CC title with Young You second, despite popping her first 3A attempt into a single. Bradie Tennell wins her first major medal with a bronze (0.26 behind You).

Higuchi tried 3A and Sakamoto attempted 4T, but both fell. Wakaba's 3A was deemed fully rotated whereas Kaori's quad was downgraded.

Kihira's program: 3S, 1A, 3Lz, 3A2T, 3F3T2T, 3F3T, 3Lo
You's program: 3A, 3Lz3T, 3Lo, 3Lz1Eu3S, 2A3T, 3F(ur), 2A
Tennell's program: 3Lz3T, 2A, 3S, 2A, 3Lz3T, 3F2T2Lo, 3Lo

LADIES FINAL
1. Rika Kihira JPN 232.34
2. Young You KOR 223.23
3. Bradie Tennell USA 222.97
4. Wakaba Higuchi JPN 207.46
5. Kaori Sakamoto JPN 202.79

·
Registered
12,803 Posts
PCS rears its ugly head again. Based on the judges Young You is a different class of skater to Karen Chen, but I found the latter's performance so much more captivating. I love Kaori but don't think she deserved her PCS this time either.

·
Registered
13,152 Posts
Hanyu wins 4CC gold and completes the Grand Slam of Figure Skating, winning every possible major competition there is in both seniors and juniors.

He won despite making a few major errors, with a stepout on 4Lz and a fall on his 4T.

Jason Brown wins a silver medal, his best ever showing at an international competition.

Yuma Kagiyama wins the bronze.

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
Wow indeed Han Yan's La La Land is beautiful!

Like the fact that Higuchi attempted 3A and Sakamoto 4T. Wakaba was really close, her 2A has always been divine and she really should be able to get it done soon. Kaori was a bit off axis it seemed. Also wonder if Rika will finally be able to land the 4S at worlds.

·
Registered
13,152 Posts
Challenge Cup is next week and both Kihira and Uno are in the entry lists.

Rika has said she'll be attempting the 4S this event as a test/warm-up for worlds. Considering the rest of the field and the advantage she'll have over them if she lands a clean SP (easily >10 points), she should go all out in her FS.

·
Registered
15,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #516
Alina gave an interview in Japan and apparently is aiming to return. We'll see I guess.

501 - 516 of 516 Posts