Tennis Forum banner

441 - 460 of 486 Posts

·
Registered
12,778 Posts
Rika Kihira leads the JNats SP despite an error on her 3A and Level 2 & 3 on her spins. 73.98 SP score.

Satoko Miyahara in 2nd with a score of 70.10. 2 URs.

Sakamoto the defending champion in 3rd with a score of 69.95.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Rooting for Wakaba Higuchi to skate clean and make it back to Worlds. To think she’s only 18, but seems ancient and passed over at this point in her career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,437 Posts
Shcherbakova is a little bit better than Trusova but still a no for me. Her 4Lz is more like a 3 and a quarter Lutz with her excessive pre-rotation. And those questionable edges.

oh my god. 69 PCS for Anna.... Eterinflation continues

I like Shcherbakova and her Free Skate is a guilty (or not?) pleasure of mine (that change of dress!) but her skating is junior-ish. I agree with you.

·
Registered
12,778 Posts
Rika Kihira is training 4S and 4T and hopes to incorporate at least one of them into her FS layout at worlds.

Hanyu is aiming to include 4A in his Worlds FS layout too.

RusNats is starting tomorrow! I hope to see Queen Liza's 4T in action alongside Kostornaia of course. And I am of course amused (or unamused?) to see how high exactly the Russian judges will score Shcherbakova's and Trusova's PCS and how they match up against Zhenya's.

·
Registered
15,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #449
SP starting order

1 Trusova
2 Sakhanovich
3 Shcherbakova
4 Tukhtamisheva
5 Gulyakova
6 Kostornaya
7 Shulskaya
8 Talalaikina
9 Samodurova
10 Gubanova
11 Nugumanova
12 Gracheva
13 Sinitsina
14 Tsibinova
15 Frolova
16 Konstantinova
17 Medvedeva

·
Registered
12,778 Posts
Alyona!!!

Honestly that was one of the best short programs of all time. That score tbh is well-deserved. (I know it's just Nats and scores are sometimes inflated but tbh she deserves that PCS all the time.)

And really proud of Zhenya for skating on BROKEN boots and landing everything cleanly (only losing levels on spins). Not much more she could have done tbh and realistically could only have placed one spot higher at most imo.

I hope to see Tukta try her 4T tomorrow and for Kostornaia to carry on with her unbeaten streak! Praying for a perfect FS for Alyona.

·
Registered
12,778 Posts
Russian Nationals scoring is ridiculous lmao.

180? That program wouldn't even get more than 165 imo in regular comps (that PCS especially).

A bit disappointed that Alyona had to put in her worst FS of her season here (and still nearly broke 170.... with 2 3As). If only they were equally kind to Rika Kihira.

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,830 Posts
Situation with Medvedeva's skates is kind of ridiculous. Elite celebrity skater can't afford to have two pairs with her?

·
Registered
12,778 Posts
Rika Kihira has her Lutz back!

In her practice at the Nagoya festival earlier today she tried a few Loop combos as well, her SP RT appeared to be 3A, 3F3Lo, 3Lz!

Also tried 3Lz3Lo.

She has a training camp in Colorado next week and it appears that she will be practicing her 4S and 4T intensively.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Rika Kihira has her Lutz back!

In her practice at the Nagoya festival earlier today she tried a few Loop combos as well, her SP RT appeared to be 3A, 3F3Lo, 3Lz!

Also tried 3Lz3Lo.

She has a training camp in Colorado next week and it appears that she will be practicing her 4S and 4T intensively.
There was also a video floating around of her doing 3A-Euler-3Sal. She definitely still has some tricks up her sleeve.

441 - 460 of 486 Posts