Tennis Forum banner

401 - 420 of 435 Posts

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Zagitova's SP this season is growing on me. She's really become a very good all-round skater and her PCS scores are well-deserved now.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Ladies FS Skate Order

1. Bradie Tennell USA
2. Rika Kihira JPN
3. Alexandra Trusova RUS
4. Anna Shcherbakova RUS
5. Alyona Kostornaia RUS
6. Alina Zagitova RUS

Bad draw for Rika imo, would have been better for her to skate AFTER Trusova imo

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Pairs FS was, quite honestly disappointing like the SP. Sui and Han didn't even win the FS :hysteric:

Sui and Han still wins easily though but didn't perform anywhere near their best imo. Most disappointing was Boikova and Kozlovskii imo, totally froze under pressure.

Great fightback from Cheng Peng and Jin Yang coming from 5th to win silver. Boikova and Kozlovskii from silver (less than 1pt behind Sui/Han) to not medalling at all.

·
Registered
81,466 Posts

·
Registered
81,466 Posts
Poor performance from Aliev put him in tears ....

·
Registered
81,466 Posts
Tears over tears from Sylvia Fontana for a beautiful free from Kevin!!!

·
Registered
81,466 Posts
I am in tears now too..this is to much..nearly 30 points in front for Kevin..2 to come..

·
Registered
81,466 Posts
I am not a Hanyu Fan. Boring, boring, boring!

·
Registered
81,466 Posts
SUNNING!!!STUNNING!!!STUNNING FREE FROM CHEN!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
That pairs FS was the most eventful competition I've seen in a long time.

Marinnaro continues to make silly mistakes.

Daria Pavlyuchenkova catches her toe pick on a non-element, has a nasty fall, then comes back with an amazing 3F. Hats off to her.

Boikova/Kozlovskii completely choked with botched lifts. Momentum from GP series now completely gone.

Han Cong screwing up both SBS jumps when he's supposed to be the stronger jumper.

Peng/Jin winning silver with SBS doubles.

Epic event.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
The time has come.... Nathan outscoring Hanyu in PCS. Travesty. How in the world is Nathan receiving 95 PCS when the judges have seen Aymoz and Hanyu performing before him? They are blind.

From now on, considering how ISU is clearly propping up Nate with their scoring with insane GOEs and ridiculous PCS, Hanyu will probably never beat Nate in a H2H match-up.

I am actually a fan of Nathan and Yuzu but the scoring system in FS really needs to change. ISo much corruption from federations and among the judges and it's becoming increasingly blatant and obvious in recent years.

·
Registered
81,466 Posts
The time has come.... Nathan outscoring Hanyu in PCS. Travesty. How in the world is Nathan receiving 95 PCS when the judges have seen Aymoz and Hanyu performing before him? They are blind.

From now on, considering how ISU is clearly propping up Nate with their scoring with insane GOEs and ridiculous PCS, Hanyu will probably never beat Nate in a H2H match-up.

I am actually a fan of Nathan and Yuzu but the scoring system in FS really needs to change. ISo much corruption from federations and among the judges and it's becoming increasingly blatant and obvious in recent years.
Sorry, but Chen was so good!!! Nearly 40 points ahead of Hanyu..so great and well deserved!!!

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Sorry, but Chen was so good!!! Nearly 40 points ahead of Hanyu..so great and well deserved!!!
He's good. But he clearly isn't as artistic as Hanyu or Aymoz, I'm sorry. I do acknowledge his technical ability and he deserved to win this over Hanyu (who wasn't clean) but not by 40 points.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Rika attempted 4S in her free but URed it and fell.

2 gorgeous 3As though!

She did so well in this FS. What a fighter!

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Trusova lands 4F, 4Lz, 4T in the same FS but her skating still does nothing for me. I'd take a clean no-quad program from Zagitova or Kihira and Kostornaia anyday.

Doesn't deserve more than 56 PCS tbh (and I'm being kind) but watch the judges give her about 10 points higher than that.

I was right, 65.93 PCS. Compare that to Rika's skate before that that got only a 68+ for PCS and you know how much of a farce this is. Just a tool for judges to bump up their favourites.

401 - 420 of 435 Posts