17,834 Posts
1 Anna SHCHERBAKOVA RUS 73.51
2 Satoko MIYAHARA JPN 68.91
3 Amber GLENN USA 67.69
4 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS 65.57
5 Sofia SAMODUROVA RUS 63.99
6 Marin HONDA JPN 61.73
7 Young YOU KOR 61.49

It is very likely that the three junior podium finishers at the Russian Championship 2019 were no fortuity.

The three can win all GP competitions. :)

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
You fell on her 3A and flip, Tukta fell on her 3A. Seems like Young is still as inconsistent as she was in the JGP. Hopefully she finds more of a balanced ground rather than going one step forward and two steps back like she did over the course of 3 programs..

They needed to build up a lead over Shcherbakova if they wanted a shot at gold going into the free, instead they traal by more than 7 points each and now Anna's going to blow them away even if she falls on her 4Lz.

I love Satoko's SP!! I hope she can defy the odds and medal here (Liza and Young can still make up some ground with 2 3As in the FS). Her jumps seem to have more pop now, although still UR issues so hopefully with a new coach she can get that solved soon.

Men's SP has been a mess, the only clean skate ALL NIGHT from Yan Han and he's in the lead. Every other skater either fell or popped their jumps. I don't think there was a single quad landed cleanly tonight.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Men's SP (scores here have been VERY low in general):

1. Han Yan CHN 86.46
2. Boyang Jin CHN 85.43
3. Matteo Rizzo ITA 81.72
4. Camden Pulkinen USA 78.92
5. Keegan Messing CAN 76.80
6. He Zhang CHN 76.03

Cha Junhwan finishes in 11th place after falling on 4S and 3A with a score of 69.40. Conrad Orzel with 2 quads ends up 10th.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Amber skated beautifully :cheer:
Hopefully Liza can pull it together and snag the silver medal; it looks like she’ll need it to make the GPF

·
Registered
81,485 Posts

·
Registered
81,485 Posts
Stunning Tuktamyscheva ( or whatever the name was) :hearts:

season best for her :hearts:

·
Registered
81,485 Posts
Miyahara only 2nd free now but better short so she is 1st place at the moment..one to come..

1. Shcherbakova ( 15 points ahead) :yeah:
2. Miyahara
3. Tuktamysheva

·
Registered
81,485 Posts

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Anna's Lutz is borderline becoming a problem for her. That's all her Lutzes in both her GPs called ! (unclear edge). I think Zagitova too.

Probably needs to rework some part of the technique before they get called e! instead

·
Registered
14,770 Posts
I saw her Lutzes in replay and they clearly had an inside edge. She's turning into the new Medvedeva this way :lol:

·
Registered
10,283 Posts
Stunning Tuktamyscheva ( or whatever the name was) :hearts:

season best for her :hearts:
I am very happy for her too :) But she's forever underscored and had she gotten more points in the SB she would have been ahead of Miyahara :eek:

They don't score her triple axel like they should once she nails it neither her triple lutz which is as impeccable technically speaking as it gets. All these judges that only give her +1, +2 should retire immediately. :eek:

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
I am very happy for her too :) But she's forever underscored and had she gotten more points in the SB she would have been ahead of Miyahara :eek:

They don't score her triple axel like they should once she nails it neither her triple lutz which is as impeccable technically speaking as it gets. All these judges that only give her +1, +2 should retire immediately. :eek:
Tukta's GOEs are criminally underscored, she has some of the best technique among the ladies in terms of jumps and should be rewarded... but unfortunately she's not coached by Eteri nor is she considered among the favourites of the Russian federation and it shows in the scores.

Her PCS is understandable though, but honestly with 2 3As and her beautiful jumps she should be close to breaking 150 rather than always being stuck in the 130s/low 140s anyway

·
Registered
14,770 Posts
Tukta's GOEs are criminally underscored, she has some of the best technique among the ladies in terms of jumps and should be rewarded... but unfortunately she's not coached by Eteri nor is she considered among the favourites of the Russian federation and it shows in the scores.

Her PCS is understandable though, but honestly with 2 3As and her beautiful jumps she should be close to breaking 150 rather than always being stuck in the 130s/low 140s anyway
Liza has by far the best Lutz technique out of all the ladies, she was a bit off on the first one in the free unfortunately but I always look forward to them :lol:

·
Registered
10,283 Posts
^

Alina Zagitova's SP this season is like the first ever occasion I really like her program, it has a nice choreo and you don't feel she's rushing through it. :)

It also helps that the music is that of one of my favourite singers, Yasmin Levy.

281 - 300 of 439 Posts