Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
37,321 Posts
Estonia vs Great Britain is going to be a lot like Estonia vs Netherlands in 2012 now that Kanepi is out :hysteric:

I disagree. Obviously it's a massive bonus for GB but it is still being held in Estonia and they still have Kontaveit. Less than 5 weeks ago Kontaveit beat Watson 3 and 0 and we obviously saw Konta lose to an ITF player ranked outside the top 100 recently so it's not a foregone conclusion at all. I'd fancy Kontaveit to win her rubber whoever it was against and then it will come down to the doubles rubber. Anna Smith and Katie Boulter aren't exactly a formidable opposition.

As a neutral, you want to see the best players playing, but at the same time, I genuinely think it's gone from a 70/30 tie in Estonia's favour (with Kanepi) to a 60/40 in GBs favour (without her), so the tie is actually closer now that Kanepi is out, but has just swung the other way.

We will obviously see what happens.
Even if Kontaveit does beat Konta, it would be the upset of the tournament if Saar/Kontaveit beat Watson/Smith, Konta/Smith or even Watson/Konta. Maybe if they had Nuudi like last year, but I don't think the 15 year olds have the experience, confidence or games to match it with such experienced and highly rated players. I'd say the tie went from 70/30 Estonia to 90/10 GBR :lol: I'd love to be proved wrong though :eek:h:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Lineups will be submitted one hour before each match.
That late? Is that a Group I thing, in the world group they are announced the day before, no?

Where did you find the schedule by the way, I couldn't locate it on the Fed Cup website?

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
It doesn't look like there'll be any stream for the matches where Estonia isn't involved, otherwise the stream can be seen on postimees.ee (but I don't know if it's blocked outside of Estonia). But to be honest, it'd be difficult to watch other courts besides the main one even on the site (at least based on last year).

41 - 60 of 142 Posts