Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Wasn't the blue carpet used due to the former title sponsor? The Davis/Fed Cup one would make a lot more sense now that Bell dropped the sponsorship.

Moving out outdoors during the USO Series would indeed be ideal. They could build a small stadium on the university grounds that could also hosts beach volleyball events.
haha highly doubt so..or else they would have chosen a different shade of blue, closer to the Bell colour. Indoor and DC/FC surface would be great indeed.

Qc City got screwed because of the lack of great outdoor facilities and the death of indoor carpet events. In addition to the fact that it's the only indoor tournament left in the continent while the asian swings keeps on playing HC. The tour could put it back closer to the YEC where it's often play indoor or just put the indoor swing before the Asian tournaments.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,588 Posts
I mean, if Granby can have decent stands for an outdoors tournament, don't tell me Quebec City doesn't have any locations where they can set it up. Even indoors at Unirprix they found ways to set it up. Parc Victoria would be big enough to have a main stadium plus a second court. Even on site at Universite Laval they could do something on their outdoor courts. Doesn't have to be permanent.

I think it would make more sense in Winter for crowds too. Early september is beautiful outside, still got some college football. Do it combined with Midland moved up to a 125k.

There is no WTA event the First week of February because of Fed Cup. Bot not everyone plays Fed Cup either.

·
Registered
16,601 Posts
QD:
1. Muhammed
2. Kenin
3. Vickery
4. Loeb
5. Dolehide
6. Min
7. Hradecka
8. Andreescu
9. Erakovic
10. Perrin
11. Falconi
12. Jakupovic
13. Lao
14. Tomljanovic
15. Crawford
16. Stollar
17. Arconada
18. Rosatello
19. Sebov
20. Khazaniuk

Next in:
1. Sadikovic
2. Rodriguez
3. Wozniak

·
35,588 Posts
If the list stays the same in qualies, would be one of the best draws in a while: Erakovic, Tomjlanovic, Hradecka who have done really well on the surfave, young Loeb, Dolehide, Arconada, Kenin.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
I quite like this line up. There's no obvious favourite, British interest with Watson and Naomi. Bouchard's involvement certainly adds interest and I've always liked Giorgi. Day, Andreescu and Abanda all have decent potential as do Kenin and Dolehide if they can come through qualies. It is obviously missing a big name or two but i think it's a decent mix.

I hope BT Sport picks this up, they probably will with the Brits, but at the moment we only have the Japan tournament scheduled. Worst case scenario we'll be able to stream games on betting sites.

·
Registered
472 Posts
MDraw 32: 22 + 4WC + 6Q
1 SAFAROVA
2 BABOS
3 DODIN
4 MARIA
5 LEPCHENKO
6 BOUCHARD
7 WATSON
8 BRADY
9 GIORGI
10 GOLUBIC
11 VAN UYTVANCK
12 BOGDAN
13 TATISHVILI
14 BOSERUP
15 MARTINCOVA
16 KREJCIKOVA
17 BROADY
18 DAY
19 ABANDA
20 TIG
21 TOWNSEND

ALT:
1 MUHAMMAD
2 TREVISAN
3 KENIN
4 COLLINS
5 LOEB
6 HRADECKA
7 VICKERY
8 ANDREESCU
9 JOROVIC (Las Vegas ?)
10 JAKUPOVIC
11 PEGULA SR
12 ERAKOVIC

·
35,588 Posts
Disappointed for Watson, the rest is some good switches.

Andreescu in by herself, so Wozniak and Sebov with WC?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts