Tennis Forum banner

121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I still think Florida wins. Florida is too deep, but they're very similar in many regards. They both have players that can basically play any positions from 1-6.

UF wins doubles point

#1: Woolcock over Doyle (although I think Doyle will stay in this match)
#2: Lord over Kuhlman (another close match)
#3: Neel over Davidson (close as well)
#4: Danilina (sp?) over Lampl
#5: Austin over Arbuthnott
#6: Higuchi over Keegan (close one)

5-2 (but will be a 4-2 win)

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
When Zhao left the team didn't really have a true No. 1. Lots of players all close around the same skill level...
I think Davidson has proven herself to deserve that #1 position and even Lord has from her fall results. Lele's not one to really stack her players, so Doyle at #1 just confuses me.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
I still think Florida wins. Florida is too deep, but they're very similar in many regards. They both have players that can basically play any positions from 1-6.

UF wins doubles point

#1: Woolcock over Doyle (although I think Doyle will stay in this match)
#2: Lord over Kuhlman (another close match)
#3: Neel over Davidson (close as well)
#4: Danilina (sp?) over Lampl
#5: Austin over Arbuthnott
#6: Higuchi over Keegan (close one)

5-2 (but will be a 4-2 win)
Florida is deep, but I am going with the EXPERIENCED team.
Something tells me that Stanford is going to make the necessary adjustments and will give the Gators a big shock...

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Match from earlier this season. Florida's #1 and 2 doubles have flipped. None of the singles matches will be the same. It will definitely be interesting.

No. 1 Florida 4, No. 5 Stanford 1

DOUBLES
1) No. 18 Austin/Keegan (FLA) d. Arbuthnott/Davidson (STAN) 6-3
2) No. 36 Doyle/Lord (STAN) vs. No. 22 Danilina/Neel (FLA) 4-4, susp.
3) No. 17 Kuhlman/Woolcock (FLA) d. Higuchi/Lampl (STAN) 6-1
Order of Finish: 3, 1

SINGLES
1) No. 40 Belinda Woolcock (FLA) d. Taylor Davidson (STAN) 4-6, 6-2, 6-0
2) No. 45 Ingrid Neel (FLA) d. No. 38 Caroline Doyle (STAN) 6-1, 6-3
3) No. 23 Anna Danilina (FLA) led No. 13 Melissa Lord (STAN) 7-5, 3-6, 4-1, susp.
4) Brooke Austin (FLA) d. No. 75 Caroline Lampl (STAN) 2-6, 6-1, 7-5
5) No. 19 Josie Kuhlman (FLA) led No. 59 Emily Arbuthnott (STAN) 7-6, 5-4, susp.
6) Emma Higuchi (STAN) d. No. 41 Spencer Liang (FLA) 6-2, 6-1

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Davidson taking a medical timeout. She was cramping at the end of last night's match too. It's interesting because this match is UF's best chance to clinch the last point right now with Neel up 3-0 in the 3rd. Strategy?

·
Registered
24,831 Posts
Florida too solid top to bottom tonight, well done to them and glad that Woolcock, Liang, and Kuhlman will leave with a national championship, as they have been consistent contributors to that program. The freshmen were impressive tonight, between Arbuthnott battling to stay alive and Neel clinching.

Sidenote, I didn't see what happened, but Lampl got a code violation for ball abuse in the 4-4 game, and the point penalty gave the game to Florida.

121 - 140 of 156 Posts