Tennis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
DiLorenzo has to be given a lot of credit for what she has done for Ohio State. It's obviously a team effort, but her committing and playing there has been a game changer for that program. Wonder if she will stay or turn pro.

·
College Tennis/Team USA expert
9,313 Posts
DiLorenzo has to be given a lot of credit for what she has done for Ohio State. It's obviously a team effort, but her committing and playing there has been a game changer for that program. Wonder if she will stay or turn pro.
I think, and I could be way off, she'll stay if she doesn't win the team. Moreso if she doesn't win the singles, IMO.

Ohio State is gaining a few red shirts next season, on top of the HUGE transfer of Jessica Failla. They're also getting Isabelle Boulais in 2018. That could be a factor in DiLo's eyes.

I'm really hoping they go all the way. I love seeing some of the girls I've befriended in undergrad really showing the world what they can do. Looking forward to the semis vs. Stanford!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I think, and I could be way off, she'll stay if she doesn't win the team. Moreso if she doesn't win the singles, IMO.

Ohio State is gaining a few red shirts next season, on top of the HUGE transfer of Jessica Failla. They're also getting Isabelle Boulais in 2018. That could be a factor in DiLo's eyes.

I'm really hoping they go all the way. I love seeing some of the girls I've befriended in undergrad really showing the world what they can do. Looking forward to the semis vs. Stanford!
I was about to say that they're going to need somebody with a solid core of 4 seniors graduating this year that were 98-2 in duals.

When it rains, it pours at USC. I see Failla playing #2. Sanford at #3. That leaves Fukuda, Tyrina, and Sneed.

I wonder why Anna couldn't get her sister, Alexandra to sign, instead of going to North Carolina?

I definitely see Di Lorenzo playing 4 years, racking up every trophy she can, perhaps passing up Nicole Gibbs as most decorated college player coming from Ohio. She's done alright on the tour and being a lefty, she may have some of the success that Kayla Day is having.

·
College Tennis/Team USA expert
9,313 Posts
I was about to say that they're going to need somebody with a solid core of 4 seniors graduating this year that were 98-2 in duals.

When it rains, it pours at USC. I see Failla playing #2. Sanford at #3. That leaves Fukuda, Tyrina, and Sneed.

I wonder why Anna couldn't get her sister, Alexandra to sign, instead of going to North Carolina?

I definitely see Di Lorenzo playing 4 years, racking up every trophy she can, perhaps passing up Nicole Gibbs as most decorated college player coming from Ohio. She's done alright on the tour and being a lefty, she may have some of the success that Kayla Day is having.
Not sure about Alexandra, maybe she wanted to be away from home? They're from Columbus. There's also JJ Wolf's sister, Danielle, who is redshirting too.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Wow, I didn't know Failla was transferring. They don't even have any commitments for next year. Time for USC to start picking up international players.

Anybody still puzzled about how USC's coach got Pac-12 coach of the year?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Also, why is Doyle playing #1 for Stanford? I'd honestly take any of the other 5 players over Doyle. She has gotten destroyed in the past two matches at the #1 position.

101 - 120 of 156 Posts