Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Dawgs take the doubles point nipping the Wolves.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Woolcock playing a marathon 1st set, wins 7-5!

Gators still up 3-0
Miami pulls one back, with Kuhlman getting beaten relatively decisively. Dahlina looks to be getting close to clinching with a double break point while up a set and 4-3.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Danilina wins the match for the Gators 6-0, 6-3.

Nice backhand passing shot to break Fuentes. Gators 4-1 win!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Stanford in some trouble, they won the doubles point, but the singles is off to a rough start. Doyle, Lord, and Arbuthnott all down, with Lampl and Davidson even with their opponents so far. Higuchi the only one leading by a break. Stanford has the doubles point.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Davidson, Lord and Arbuthnott all down a set.

Lampl and Doyle still fighting, but looking grim, both down a break at 5-6 with TCU serving for the set on both courts.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Stanford going down. I'm yelling timber. Lampl lost, so TCU wins the first on 4 courts. Davidson and Arbuthnot already down 3-0 in the second, Doyle fighting back, and Lord is not showing much so far.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Lord splits, Lampl on the way back, it'd be nice if Doyle came back too.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Davidson. :lol: Down 4-0 in the second, and saves 3 match points in the tiebreaker. Davidson is still kicking, Lord up 5-1, all of the sudden I'm feeling better that we aren't relying on Lampl (1-3 in 3rd sets this year) to win this match.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Lampl wins the deciding match as she went on fire in the 3rd set, as can be expected. Davidson was ready to get the deciding match as she was leading in the 3rd set, but Lampl told Lele "I GOT THIS!!!". 4-2 Stanford and onto Sweet 16!!!!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Stanford has a veteran line-up at #1 thru #4, as each earned their stripes last year, winning clinching matches and/ or going undefeated in winning last years NCAA...so losing the 1st set is like Ali doing the rope a dope! Sit back and watch them come back KICKING!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Stanford has a veteran line-up at #1 thru #4, as each earned their stripes last year, winning clinching matches and/ or going undefeated in winning last years NCAA...so losing the 1st set is like Ali doing the rope a dope! Sit back and watch them come back KICKING!!!
They can't afford to lose five first sets to Florida or Michigan or North Carolina.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I dunno and am no expert but all I can say is they find some way to win that fourth game, even defying logic, no matter who they play. I mean Davidson coming back today from 6-2 down in 2nd set TB to force a 3rd set that was a GAME-CHANGER.

·
Registered
24,839 Posts
Love coming back in here after a weekend away and seeing active discussion! Fun start to the tournament and could be a rollercoaster finish this week!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fortunate to attend both Saturday and Sunday at the Farm.

Saturday: I literally felt bad for Idaho. I saw on the print out they only had 6 players, the bare minimum to fill out a line up. However when they did introductions, they only had 5 players! Apparently one of them couldn't make the trip. Bottomline was that they were down 0-2 even before the coin flip. Of note: the men's team played Michigan which was probably the most exciting 4-1 victory I've ever witnessed.

Sunday: I thought this would be a cakewalk for the Card but, whoa, was I wrong. I was really getting worried when almost everyone lost the first set, thinking to myself, "Could they possibly lose in the 2nd round?" I usually pencil in Arbuthnott as an automatic "W" but that was not the case that day. And while Lord and Lampl deservedly received attention for the win, the most impressive was Davidson. Down 0-4 in the second only to come roaring back. And then to fight off a couple of match points in the TB only to wind up winning the set? Pure guts and determination. Let's be real, she is not blessed w blazing speed or overwhelming power, but she makes up for it w/ a huge heart. As I posted somewhere else about Davidson: Tough.As.Nails.

Enjoy the pics and GO CARD!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Stanford dominated the dubs, 6-1 and 6-0 on 1 and 3. Good start.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Arbuthnot broken to open, what's going on with her?

21 - 40 of 156 Posts