Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bracket contest, anybody? I think all of the top 4 seeds will get to the quarterfinals. I'm expecting a lot of upsets this year.
It's been that kind of year. Who would have thought Vanderbilt would knock off the Gators twice this year.

Since the Cards beat Vanderbilt 4-3 this year, then according to Fantic logic that makes Stanford the favorite. :nerd:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
It's been that kind of year. Who would have thought Vanderbilt would knock off the Gators twice this year.

Since the Cards beat Vanderbilt 4-3 this year, then according to Fantic logic that makes Stanford the favorite. :nerd:
And UCLA lost to Stanford 4-3, so that means UCLA is going to be the runner up. :grin2:

Go Pac-12!

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It will likely be a 4-3 match. UNC's top players are better and Stanford's bottom players are better. UNC probably has better doubles teams.
I can't recall who said it, as I believe it was a Stanford player during an interview. It's what you said all along.

Of course, they never implied they were weak on top, but always referring to their depth at the bottom.

The comment was made that their line-up can be swapped and each can play any spot in the line-up.

Ironically, if you reversed their line-up:
#1: Higuchi
#2: Arbuthnott
#3: Lampl
#4: Davidson
#5: Lord
#6: Doyle

It would not only be PASSABLE, but sort of reminds me of their line-up 4 years ago:
#1: Ahn
#2: Hardebeck
#3: Zhao
#4: Davidson
#5: Tsay
#6: Doyle

Wouldn't it be funny, if on game day, Lele would pick the line-up lottery style?

·
Registered
548 Posts
And UCLA lost to Stanford 4-3, so that means UCLA is going to be the runner up. :grin2:

Go Pac-12!

Ding dong, the witch is dead!

Pepperdine crashes the Bruins out of the NCAA's despite losing the doubles point. :wavey:

Michigan could easily knock Stanford out, Michigan had a match point against the Cardinal last season with Kate Fahey bowing out to Doyle.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Ding dong, the witch is dead!

Pepperdine crashes the Bruins out of the NCAA's despite losing the doubles point. :wavey:

Michigan could easily knock Stanford out, Michigan had a match point against the Cardinal last season with Kate Fahey bowing out to Doyle.
UCLA will be back next year, and even better the year after that!

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most likely Kate will have another chance against Doyle... (send her this pic as a reminder)

Actually there were 4 teams that almost knocked out Stanford last year:
Texas A&M, Florida, Michigan, and Oklahoma State

But somehow Stanford squeaked by with a 4-3 win...

·
Registered
548 Posts
Most likely Kate will have another chance against Doyle... (send her this pic as a reminder)

Actually there were 4 teams that almost knocked out Stanford last year:
Texas A&M, Florida, Michigan, and Oklahoma State

But somehow Stanford squeaked by with a 4-3 win...
Well, yes, but if Stanford survives TCU, Michigan is next. I was focusing on that one first. Then we'll see if anyone else can compete.

Northwestern had an opportunity at #2 Doubles leading 5-2 to take the doubles point against Georgia Tech, but they completely imploded. Would have been huge for Northwestern to get that point.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, yes, but if Stanford survives TCU, Michigan is next. I was focusing on that one first. Then we'll see if anyone else can compete.
Yep TCU did beat #6 Texas Tech last month, so definitely Stanford needs to watch out and prevent another upset from taking place.

·
Registered
548 Posts
TAMU takes the doubles point against Baylor, NC State was threatening to do the same--but now Georgia has a chance to serve it out in the deciding match.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Kuhlman absolutely getting pummeled by Perez-Somarriba of Miami. 6-2 4-1, but Florida in the clear on the bottom 4 courts.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Georgia-NC State going to a tiebreaker for the doubles point, could be crucial.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts