Tennis Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
So Maddison Inglis earns the 6th wildcard to be handed out. :worship:

Now to wait a few weeks for all the others to be announced.

Jarmila should get one if she needs it and I'd say given this year that like last year, TA will give another to AP player such as Wang Qiang.

Others, at least of the Aussies include Kimberley Birrell, another highly rated junior like Pri Hon. Maybe outside chance of giving one to Arina because of being runner up.

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
What would Dodin's ranking be without those two fluke wins :rolls:

Tennis Francd can give her and Ferro as many WCs as they want, they're not going to be good :hug: Give it to someone with all round talent like Andrianjafitrimo :facepalm:

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
What would Dodin's ranking be without those two fluke wins :rolls:

Tennis Francd can give her and Ferro as many WCs as they want, they're not going to be good :hug: Give it to someone with all round talent like Andrianjafitrimo :facepalm:
How does Tessah play chingching?

I've watched Ferro a few times and don't think she'll reach the Top 100 unless she improves a lot over the next few years...

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
How does Tessah play chingching?

I've watched Ferro a few times and don't think she'll reach the Top 100 unless she improves a lot over the next few years...
Tessah has a very good all around game. Great groundstrokes, hits with a lot of topspin but can flatten out the ball, comes to net a lot. Moves exceptionally well and is very strong. Her serve is a problem but it's improving.

Ferro is extraordinarily mediocre.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I think Jarka and Birrel will get the last two.

So qualies could be

Rogowska
Moore
Sanders
Rodionova Ar
Bai
Tjandrumulla
Bains
Aaiva
Myers
Tomic

Two of those won't be chosen as its 8.

Dunno about Rodionova An?

·
Registered
9,707 Posts
^I don't see Nastya getting a QWC, she hates TA and the feeling is mutual. Of that group, I reckon Myers & Rogowska/Tomic will miss out.

·
Registered
76,617 Posts
I think Jarka and Birrel will get the last two.

So qualies could be

Rogowska
Moore
Sanders
Rodionova Ar
Bai
Tjandrumulla
Bains
Aaiva
Myers
Tomic

Two of those won't be chosen as its 8.

Dunno about Rodionova An?
I think from that list
Rogowska
Moore
Sanders
Ar Rodionova
Tjandramulia
Bains
Aiava
Tomic

With Bai as first reserve.

I really wish they would reward Bai after her efforts in 2015, but it's TA and I can't see them swapping out anyone out for her. Of course, even if Birrell doesn't get the MDWC she'll have to be included in this list which causes havoc for TA.

·
Registered
76,617 Posts
^I don't see Nastya getting a QWC, she hates TA and the feeling is mutual. Of that group, I reckon Myers & Rogowska/Tomic will miss out.
If Nastya wanted a WC of any sorts she should've entered the WC playoff. Not entering that just screwed her chances for any WC. Personally, I have a feeling that she's given up on singles though and is focusing on doubles full time now.

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
I am quite sure that last MDWC is being reserved for Kimbo. If Jarka doesn't make MD on her own TA won't do another CTA exchange, if she does then they will is what I heard from a decent source earlier this evening. I would like to see players like Bains who have already received multiple WCs be skipped over for the likes of McPhee, Haet, Apisah etc. who have not yet been given any opportunities. And to tell you the truth I think all 3 girls would beat Bains if playing at their best. And their attitudes are all remarkably better. Naiktha was just a joke against Jabeur this year.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Tessah has a very good all around game. Great groundstrokes, hits with a lot of topspin but can flatten out the ball, comes to net a lot. Moves exceptionally well and is very strong. Her serve is a problem but it's improving.

Ferro is extraordinarily mediocre.
Thank you for the info!

Can't wait to see her play :cheer: :bigclap:

·
Registered
18,512 Posts
Bains did well in the playoff though this year, she should and probably will get a qualifying wild card.

I don't think Apisah should be thrown in the deep end just yet. Maybe a QWC next year instead.

·
Registered
76,617 Posts
chingching, I know you love your girls but McPhee, Haet and Apisah have hardly any pro experience and you wanna throw them a QWC into the AO? :lol:

Yes Bains has been given multiple opportunities over the year but at AO playoff she finally showed that she can still play decently

·
Premium Member
21,309 Posts
It's 7 QWCs for Aussies, not 8. I'm pretty sure the 8th is reserved for the previous year's junior winner.

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
Terms Mihalikova go slay some bishes in Qualies and MD :inlove:

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
Kəv.;66503313 said:
chingching, I know you love your girls but McPhee, Haet and Apisah have hardly any pro experience and you wanna throw them a QWC into the AO? :lol:

Yes Bains has been given multiple opportunities over the year but at AO playoff she finally showed that she can still play decently
I don't care if they have less Pro experience. At least they're not getting Double Bagelled by unranked Koreans and whining that their not getting given hundreds of thousands a year in funding :lol: They are girls who have nearly no support from TA and would all still slay overhyped drama queens like Naiktha on their day. It's not like any of them would win matches in AOQ unless they faced another WC. Apisah would have beaten Bains in the 18s :shrug: Haet almost did. McPhee would prob beat Bains too. Same can be said for Queen Vulture Tomic.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts